logos 5 crashes when opening Bible Sense Lexicon even after latest update

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26
Anthony Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:48 AM

4113.Logging.zipI have the latest update and still when i try to open Bible Sense Lexicon it crashes program. when enabling logging i had logos 5 open with blank layout and then tried to open Bible Sense Lexicon and it did open with out any problems. please help!

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:08 AM

Anthony,

I had the same problem, however, when I changed my prefered bible to ESV, the BSL worked ok.

Thomas

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:15 AM

Hi Thomas

Thomas Jackson:
I had the same problem, however, when I changed my prefered bible to ESV, the BSL worked ok.

This workround was discussed at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/62851/447196.aspx#447196 as a Beta issue. Are you running the beta software?

I ask because I note that Anthony is running 5.0a SR3 and trying to avoid confusion.

Graham

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:17 AM

Hi Anthony

Your log file has the following entry:

[364:3079:1022861563325:FATAL:/Volumes/Pasupoto/Development/chromium/chromium/src/app/resource_bundle_posix.cc(86)] Check failed: !resources_file_path.empty(). chrome.pak not found

suggesting that Logos was trying to use a file which doesn't exist.

I don't know enough about Mac software to comment on this but thought it might be useful in trying to track this down

Graham

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:01 AM

Graham,

I have Windows 7 Logos Bible Software 5.0a SR-3 (5.0.1.0278)

Thomas

Posts 9915
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:02 AM

This isn't a 'beta' issue. And changing denominations (to ESV) does fix it; I just refuse to change denominations.

I get the feeling I better plan on this not being fixed since they're concentrating on 'the beta'.

Just add it to the stack of known crash-events to avoid (on my PC).

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:23 AM

DMB,

Tech. support has a copy of my crash log and is working on a fix for the stable version.

Thomas

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:33 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Thomas

Thomas Jackson:

This workround was discussed at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/62851/447196.aspx#447196 as a Beta issue. Are you running the beta software?

I ask because I note that Anthony is running 5.0a SR3 and trying to avoid confusion.

Graham

Graham,

Maybe it's time to separate bata, Mac, and windows like Logos 4.

Thomas

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:06 AM

Hi Thomas and DMB

Thomas Jackson:
I have Windows 7 Logos Bible Software 5.0a SR-3 (5.0.1.0278)

DMB:
This isn't a 'beta' issue. And changing denominations (to ESV) does fix it; I just refuse to change denominations.

Thanks for clarifying this - I had thought it was just a beta issue.

Graham

Posts 21573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:08 AM

Hi Thomas

Thomas Jackson:

Graham,

Thomas

That's a long standing debateSmile

Logos view on this - to the best of my knowledge - is that there are so many things which are common across the platforms (in terms of function and purpose) that it is best to treat everything together.

It does require a bit of discipline to ensure that platform-dependent issues are properly understood.

Of course, in the Logos 4 world, people answered Mac questions posted in the Mac forum from a Windows perspective and vice verse anywaySmile

Graham

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:57 AM

Hi Anthony,

From where are you accessing Bible Sense Lexicon? Are you launching it directly from Tools, or elsewhere?

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:26 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Thomas

Thomas Jackson:

Graham,

Thomas

That's a long standing debateSmile

Logos view on this - to the best of my knowledge - is that there are so many things which are common across the platforms (in terms of function and purpose) that it is best to treat everything together.

It does require a bit of discipline to ensure that platform-dependent issues are properly understood.

Of course, in the Logos 4 world, people answered Mac questions posted in the Mac forum from a Windows perspective and vice verse anywaySmile

Graham

Either way is ok with me.

Thomas

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:55 AM

Yesterday when i was talking with Logos support they discovered that though I had the latest version of L.5 my computers - plural - they were not downloading the latest version of BSL. No matter how they tried they could not get it to update correctly. Tech Support is working on the reason why ....

So, which version of BSL do you have - which build?

Yours In Christ

Posts 26
Anthony Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 3:57 AM

I access it from the tools menu. I started Logos once with a blank layout and then tried to launch Bible Sense Lexicon and it opened with no problems. 

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:31 AM

Anthony Jones:

I access it from the tools menu. I started Logos once with a blank layout and then tried to launch Bible Sense Lexicon and it opened with no problems. 

So it is working fine now? Or are there steps you can take to consistently get Logos 5 to crash that involve opening the Bible Sense Lexicon in some way?

Posts 26
Anthony Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:12 AM

No. Every time i open logos with my layout and try to open BSL it crashes 

Posts 26
Anthony Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:14 AM

Only when i sign in with blank layout does BSL  open without any problems. That is not a viable solution

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:16 AM

I was having this issue on my mac but now it seems to be working again. At least the last 3 days since I tried it again.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:44 AM

If after you open the BSL (after opening to a blank layout) and then navigate to a layout does it crash in that instance as well?

Posts 26
Anthony Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:57 AM
Will try
Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS