Importing new resources

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Jim Larsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:24 AM

I just downloaded the new Logos4, which installed and indexed all (I think) the resources associatiated with my old version. Since I'm not familure with the new version, I could not find the location manager in the new version, I loaded the new Galaxie Software journals CD via the old version. Now, Logos4 is not recognizing the new imported resources. How do I get the new program to recognize the new resources and perform the appropriate indexing so that I can search/etc. these new journals?

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:28 AM

If you make sure that your licences are synced in Logos 3, then next time you use Logos 4 the appropriate resources should be downloaded.

If you wish, after syncing you could speed up the process by typing scan pathname in Logos4, where pathname is the path to your Logos3 resources (usually c:\program files\Libronix DLS\Resources).

Posts 4
Jim Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:44 AM

Thanks . . . I have synced licenses, and tried your suggestion, but still no journals. I'm assuming you mean I should enter the scan command in the "command" box next to the tools menu . . . thanks for your help!

Posts 2765
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:47 AM

remember to restart Logos 4 after using scan command

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4
Jim Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:02 AM

OK, did that. I got the screen indicating it was looking for resources when the program started up, but still no journals! Isn't this fun???

Thanks, Jim

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:18 AM

James,

Can you try the following steps. Each one checks a different part of the process:

• Check the journals are not in Hidden Resources.
  • In Logos 3, verify the journals are properly unlocked by going to Tools/Library Management/Account Summary, and checking they are there.
  • In Logos 3, manually synchronise the licences by going to Tools/Library Management/Synchronise Licences.
  • Assuming all is well, load Logos 4. See if the resources are in the library.
  • Type "update resources" in the command box, and wait for the message telling you whether resources have been found.
  • Check to see whether the resources are in your Logos 4 folder. To do this, go to Start and type in %appdata%/../local/Logos4/Data in the 'search' or 'run' boxes and press enter. The double click on the randomly-named folder, then ResourceManager, then Resources. The Galaxy files will begin GS_ Do you have any?
  • If so, let us know. If not, close Logos 4, copy them manually from your Logos 3 installation, and reload Logos4. Does that help?
Posts 4
Jim Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:52 AM

OK, did all that. I even tried copying all the files from the Galaxie CD to the Logos4 resources folder, issued a scan command for the Logos4 folder, and still no new journals . . . slightly frustrating!

Jim

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:01 PM

Then I'm afraid I'm stumped! I think you'll need to call CS.

It may be interesting to see whether it appears in my bibliographic report generator. That's not going to solve the problem, but it will at least tell us whether Logos4 has recognised the files or not.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS