What will I be missing if I don't get the NAC on Revelation

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2376
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:26 AM

I currently have the Expositor's Bible Commentary, NICNT, Tyndale Commentaries, WBC and others on Revelation.  Do I really need another Revelation commentary?

Thanks. 

Posts 3200
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:34 AM

will not miss much :)

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:37 AM

Personally, I like the NAC series.  But maybe that's just me.  With that said, I don't know anything about this specific book or the author's viewpoint.

On a side note that is mostly not relevant to why you might "need" this commentary on Revelation, this is actually my textbook for an interpretation class on Revelation that starts on the 28th.  Yay for textbook coming out right before class starting, lol.

Posts 2247
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:52 AM

I enjoy the NAC series because of the balance between the focus on academic and pastoral. This commentary is from the futurist, premillenial, pretribulation perspective according to bestcommentaries.com. It is well reviewed at Amazon as well. One of the reviews stated that the author presents his view, but does not force it, he presents other perspectives in a fair way. This is what I look for in a commentary, especially on Revelation. I have it in my pre pub orders and look forward to receiving it.

If you go to bestcommentaries.com and select commentaries on Revelation, the site will show you the perspective of each of the commentaries and the highest rated. If you have sufficient resources that cover the various perspectives well, then you may not need this commentary.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS