5.0b Beta 3: Custom Topic Guide saved but inaccessible, doesn't show up in Guides menu

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19317
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:47 AM

Win 5.0b Beta 3

Create a custom guide template, template type: Topic

Put in it whatever you want (I've tried both "Definitions" alone, and "All Sections from Topic Guide")

Give it a name, and close the template.

Now try to run a guide from that new template, but you can't find it in the Guide menu. It's nowhere to be found.

You can tell that the template was saved internally because you can reopen and edit it further by accessing it via History, but there's no way to run a guide based on that template.

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:08 AM

Worked for me in Mac 5.0b Beta 3

Posts 19317
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:52 PM

Jack Caviness:

Worked for me in Mac 5.0b Beta 3

Must be a Windows-only bug then. Can any other Windows beta users confirm this?

[Incidentally, I hadn't been beta testing recently but I got so fed up with the "vibrating" tabs bug which slows Logos down to a near standstill and is visually irritating, that I had to upgrade to the beta wherein it is fixed. So that's why I'm now reporting a bug in a beta when I hadn't been doing so for some time.]

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:55 PM

Rosie Perera:
Now try to run a guide from that new template, but you can't find it in the Guide menu. It's nowhere to be found.

I can't reproduce as a Guide is created and is usable.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19317
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:18 PM

Here is my log file, and a Screencast of me reproducing this.

2671.Logos.log

http://www.screencast.com/t/4MxNjlnNZww (sorry, the resolution is crummy; I should have recorded it with a smaller Logos window)

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:50 PM

From your screencast, it seems like you are looking for the guide on the list on the right of the Guides panel. However, guides do not appear in this list until an actual guide has been created using that particular template. 

After creating a new guide template, the template is available in the list on the left. Once a guide is run and saved using that template, the saved guide will appear on the list on the right side of the panel.

Similarly, note that in the attached screenshot I have no Exegetical Guides saved on the right side of the panel. But, the Exegetical Guide template is available on the left side.

Am I correctly understanding what you are saying?

Posts 19317
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:45 PM

Oh, duh. Of course. Thanks! Embarrassed

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS