Suggestion / Request?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:33 AM

While I like the information available in the pop ups while hovering over a word in my bible, it's really tough on the eyes for someone my age.... would it be possible to visually separate it from the text via size, color, or both?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19576
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:35 AM

Great idea, and nice mock-ups. Yes

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:22 AM

I like the shading myself.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:05 AM

This would be great to have customizable control over!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:20 AM

I vote 'no' on this. Customisable is fine, but to my eyes the mock-up looks garish.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:32 AM

The issue for me is not the size of the font, though I fully support adding an option in program settings wrt font sizes for this element of the program for those who need it.

My problem is the distance between the cursor and the information. Especially when I'm hovering over a Greek or Hebrew word and am looking at parsing information, my eyes need to travel way too far. I forget the form by the time my eyes have travelled to the bottom of the pane.

I'd prefer something like this:

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:40 AM

Damian McGrath:
I'd prefer something like this:

I'd prefer it 3 or 4 lines above or below and shaded. It's kinda annoying sometimes when it covers up the context, but I admit I'm not a fan of having to to look at the bottom of the screen either.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:41 AM

Except that if the pop-up follows the cursor you end up freaking out with pop-ups flying everywhere as you just happen to move the cursor across the text.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 38
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:46 AM

Mark Barnes:

Except that if the pop-up follows the cursor you end up freaking out with pop-ups flying everywhere as you just happen to move the cursor across the text.

True, but a short (maybe 1 second) delay of the pop-up should solve that problem, without being a hindrance.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:52 AM

I vote for Damians solution....how about "ctrl + hover" that way when the cursor is over a word by accident, you don't get freaked out by the popups...they only appear when holding down CTRL

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 5:39 AM

This should be added to the http://wiki.logos.com/Feature_Wishlist site as a feature request in Logos 4.

Posts 11
William Brannan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 6:13 AM

I love the suggestion to make it customizable.  While on the topic, does anyone know if there is a way to freeze information pop ups? 

William Brannan

Pastor, Author, Speaker

www.missionharvest.org

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 6:53 AM

WilliamBrannan:

I love the suggestion to make it customizable.  While on the topic, does anyone know if there is a way to freeze information pop ups? 

I've tried Ctrl, Shift, Alt, etc. Nothing I've tried so far freezes the pop up.

My sense is that right clicking on a word is intended to give you the ability to act on any of the information in the pop up.

I also have not found a way to freeze the information in the actual information pane.

However, there seems to be enough of a delay for this information changing that freezing it hasn't been necessary for me so far.

Is that delay a feature designed to replace freezing the info or just the sluggishness of my particular install?

Posts 11
William Brannan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 7:14 AM

I think the delay must be your computer.  Mine moves intantaneously with the cursor.  

Right clicking seems to allow me to research things that are often included in information pop ups, but it also leaves information out, such as a simple lexical definition which accompanies certain original language morphologies.

The information window would do the job, but it is unusable because of its slowness.  (Try using it with AFAT)   

William Brannan

Pastor, Author, Speaker

www.missionharvest.org

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:54 AM

Robert Pavich:
While I like the information available in the pop ups while hovering over a word in my bible, it's really tough on the eyes for someone my age.... would it be possible to visually separate it from the text via size, color, or both?
I agree Robert.  As you recall in Beta testing there was a thread I started about difficulties for people with visual limitations/impairments.  To my knowledge, none of those were addressed.  So I hope stuff like this will be considered by Logos.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 837
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:13 AM

FWIW:

If you are using Win7 and an MS Mouse with IntelliPointer you can very easily program one of your mouse buttons to "Magnify".  Magnification level is adjustable to suit your taste and, if you desire, you can also use "Color Inversion" for contrast (see below).  I program the scroll wheel button, keep the default magnification at 200% with no color inversion, and it works well for my tired eyes. 

color inversion sample:

(click on graphic for larger view)

JRS has left the building.

Posts 746
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 11:45 AM

Robert Pavich:

Great suggestion.  I vote for the shaded version...

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS