How to report missing library interlinking

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:11 AM

I'm wondering if it's useful or not to use the Report Typo feature to report missing library links... At the moment I'm reading Bock's Luke commentary in the BECNT series, in the introductory matter there are lots of references to church fathers that don't link to those volumes; is it useful to 'Report Typo' these with 'missing link', or include the link to the book?

As an aside, manually searching around to find the ones that weren't linked brought home for me just how much time and effort it saves for the ones that are! Smile

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:48 AM

Currently "Report Type" is the best way to do this. 

I have asked in the past for a feature where we can suggest a link. As the number of books available within Logos is growing, the number of possible links is also growing. I think it would be great to have a feature where we can suggest these links. These suggested links could be manually reviewed by Logos. And perhaps, if a certain number of users suggest the exact same link be applied (or corrected...often links are not correct), the resource should be automatically updated.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:02 AM

I thought you could report this using the Typo feature.  I think if we just put a note saying, "this link does not link to xyz..." then it will be updated. Confused

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 36371
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:05 PM

I was disappointed to find that my Bible dictionar (Eastons I believe0, did not have a link when the entry was simply a "See NNNN" entry. I had expected this type of internal link to be present.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS