When will the free L5 crossgrade available?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2013 4:40 PM

Anybody knows?

Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:09 PM

You're probably referring to the Logos5 'engine'?  The crossgrade will likely always carry some type of charge.

Haven't seen any hints yet other than 'spring'.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:13 AM

Kelvin Chiu:

Anybody knows?

The cross-grade is already available:https://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade and http://www.logos.com/product/28576/logos-4-minimal-crossgrade

Logos said that the free L5 engine will be available the first quarter of 2013.  Because of Logos' past history of making production dates, I do not expect to see the free engine until the second quarter.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:18 AM

tom:
Because of Logos' past history of making production dates, I do not expect to see the free engine until the second quarter.

However, the free engine doesn't need any "production" - it's the same engine we L5 users all use, and it sits ready in a place, so making it available is inserting a link on the already available webpage. I'd expect it rather soon after the Base Package Sale has run out. Just guessing here.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:01 AM

NB.Mick:
However, the free engine doesn't need any "production" - it's the same engine we L5 users all use, and it sits ready in a place,
This might be true, and it might not be true.  It all depends on how they did their programming.  Did they program and test L5 with the L5 datasets missing?  IF not, they have to go back in the program and add this logic and test it.

Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:33 AM

Not trying to get caught in the middle; just my understanding of the present offerings. Isn't the 'starter' package basically the engine plus some basic resources?  (ie no datasets). If not, probably some 'wait-ers' need to research the difference prior to the Feb 4 cutoff.

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:49 AM

Actually I am talking about the free L5 engine. Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:53 PM

Kelvin Chiu:
Actually I am talking about the free L5 engine.

As Tom pointed out we've been told 1st quarter. With upgrade discounts about to expire, I suspect we'll see the free engine right after that.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:40 PM

Sorry for my impatience, but I just have to ask. Now that the upgrade discounts have expired, has anyone heard any news on when the free engine is coming out?

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:49 PM

It's out now. Look at my last few posts.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:05 PM

Ben:

It's out now. Look at my last few posts.

Don't take this the wrong way. I love you.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS