Pricing for L5 after Feb 4??

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
SgtJohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:07 AM

I have searched the forums, but I couldn't find the answers I am looking for. I currently own the L4 Scholar’s Library and have been considering upgrading to L5 in some variation (new base package, MC, free engine, etc..) I understand the discounts that I would recieve NOW if I took the plung. These prices are valid through Feb 4. What I would like to find out somehow is what the discounted upgrade pricing will be AFTER Feb 4.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:25 AM

I don't know if this is on Logos' website, but you could always contact customer service.

Posts 25109
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:59 AM

Hi John - and welcome to the forums

In some of their blog posts, Logos talk about the current discounts being between 15% and 25% - as per http://blog.logos.com/2013/01/if-youre-still-in-logos-4-its-time-to-upgrade/ which includes "Within this introductory pricing period, your minimum discount would be 15%, with a potential of 25% off!"

My assumption from this is that these discounts will simply disappear after 4 Feb but - as Ronald says - the only people who would know for sure are Logos

Graham 

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:08 AM

I know what You are on to here: The dynamic pricing calculator will apply after that date too. That is FOR SURE. That means, that any items You previously own, both from base-packages and purchases of any individual books, bundles and collections You've made, will be taken into consideration and You get a reduced price. This will continue to apply both to upgrading and downgrading - i.e. no matter what base-package You are interested in. This is independent of the recurring base-package discounts.

Many other newly introduced bundles also have dynamic pricing, such as the topical bundles.

Logos will keep offering discounts in the future too. I upgraded to L4 on April 19. 2012, I chose OLL and Catholic Foundations (now equivalent to Biblical Languages and Verbum Basic) and negotiated myself a 20% discount on OLL and had a coupon code for 15% discount on the Catholic base-package.

Logos however since the introduction of L5 doesn't anymore let people negotiate themselves to a discount on a base-package. The only base-package discounts are the ones that are publicly announced and the ones based on temporarily valid coupons which are given out on various media: Facebook, Logos blog, the software homepage, emails:

John Matuszyk:
What I would like to find out somehow is what the discounted upgrade pricing will be AFTER Feb 4.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:37 AM

I asked that of a sales rep when I got my second chance bid. For me, the jump from second chance bid to regular price was +$224 (Platinum) and +$142 (Gold).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS