Removing Warnings from Personal Books Question

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:40 AM

So after Building a book I received 3 warnings and they were all:

[Warning] Field off for field Bible with no field on

So I believe that to mean that instead of 

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] {{field-on:Bible}} In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} 

There is a line out there that looks like

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} 

I'm trying to find it using Find and Replace in Microsoft Word.  With wild card enabled I was using this search parameter:

\]\][!field-on]*field-off

The results still bring back field-on when the [!] command is supposed to be telling it not to.  So I was wondering if anybody had to search for that warning before and knows what the correct search parameter is? 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:46 AM

Xegesis:

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] {{field-on:Bible}} In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} 

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} 

I'm trying to find it using Find and Replace in Microsoft Word.  With wild card enabled I was using this search parameter:

\]\][!field-on]*field-off

The results still bring back field-on when the [!] command is supposed to be telling it not to.  So I was wondering if anybody had to search for that warning before and knows what the correct search parameter is? 

Because they are warnings, I would not worry about them if you are not worried about some of the text being tagged as biblical text.

How you search your word document all depends on how you formatted it.  Good luck in trying to find these three needles in a haystack.

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:23 PM

Try searching for this:

\]\][!}]@-off

I use {{bible-off}} instead of {{field-off:Bible}}, but this should work for both.

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:42 PM

Xegesis:

It might also mean that there's a line that looks like this somewhere

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] {{field-on:Bible}} In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} {{field-off:Bible}} 

In Word searches, the ! only works with ranges of letters within brackets, it doesn't work with words or strings of letters. So for example, you could search for 

[!abcde]

Or, equivalently

[!a-e]

And it would match anything letter which is NOT an a, b, c, d, or e.

There's no way to do the kind of search you're trying to do: find occurrences of "field-off" which are missing "field-on" before them.

You might try looking for occurrences of a closing square bracket ] followed by a space and then an alphabetic character of upper or lower case, because that would probably indicate a Bible verse tag followed by the verse text without any intervening {{field-on:Bible}}

To do that you would use the search parameter (with wildcards on):

\] [A-Za-z]

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:51 PM

Logos doesn't output the associated char/byte-count at the error condition, like other Bible software's personal books?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2919
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:29 PM

Also see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/65135/455570.aspx#455570

Try searching your compiled PB for text 'field' where it does not belong.  Perhaps somewhere the string field-off was accepted as text into your PB resource

The ones that 'killed' my run were {field-off:Bible  with one '{' where I needed two '{{'   [[Or field-on??]]

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:49 PM

DMB:

Logos doesn't output the associated char/byte-count at the error condition, like other Bible software's personal books?

No, it doesn't. That would help a lot!

Posts 2919
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:51 PM

tom:

Because they are warnings, I would not worry about them 

One definition of a compiler 'warning' is any detectable error that does not 'kill' the compiler run.  

The compiler did something with that line but the compiler is not sure it did the correct thing so it gave you a 'warning'  

[[Would be nice if it gave us some hint how far into the file that error was.  I put deliberate compile time errors [markers] into my file - now runs error free - except for my 'marker' errors]]

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:17 PM

David Ames:
I put deliberate compile time errors [markers] into my file

That's how I do it too. And then I use a "binary search" strategy to narrow down where the warnings are coming from.

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:15 AM

elnwood:

Try searching for this:

\]\][!}]@-off

I use {{bible-off}} instead of {{field-off:Bible}}, but this should work for both.

Thanks!  I see what you did there.   That helped find 1 of my 3 warnings.

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:17 AM

Rosie Perera:

Xegesis:

It might also mean that there's a line that looks like this somewhere

[[@bible:Genesis 1:1]] [[1 >> bible:Genesis 1:1]] {{field-on:Bible}} In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.{{field-off:Bible}} {{field-off:Bible}} 

In Word searches, the ! only works with ranges of letters within brackets, it doesn't work with words or strings of letters. So for example, you could search for 

[!abcde]

Or, equivalently

[!a-e]

And it would match anything letter which is NOT an a, b, c, d, or e.

There's no way to do the kind of search you're trying to do: find occurrences of "field-off" which are missing "field-on" before them.

You might try looking for occurrences of a closing square bracket ] followed by a space and then an alphabetic character of upper or lower case, because that would probably indicate a Bible verse tag followed by the verse text without any intervening {{field-on:Bible}}

To do that you would use the search parameter (with wildcards on):

\] [A-Za-z]

Good thinking, I tried that with a space and without a space but it didn't return any results.   Thanks for thinking outside the box!

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:17 AM

David Ames:

Also see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/65135/455570.aspx#455570

Try searching your compiled PB for text 'field' where it does not belong.  Perhaps somewhere the string field-off was accepted as text into your PB resource

The ones that 'killed' my run were {field-off:Bible  with one '{' where I needed two '{{'   [[Or field-on??]]

Thanks, I'll give this a shot tonight.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS