Index of Bible Studies

Page 5 of 9 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 172 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 548
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:43 PM

Thank you Richard. The fruits of your work have already been a blessing to me. Happy Easter! 

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 3:09 PM

Richard Wilson:
Another update to the file. There are a few new books in the index, but the main change is the addition of milestones (one for each chapter) to the file

Wow, these improvements are great. Thank you!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 50
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 4:20 PM

Yes, this is quite an impressive achievement. I really helps you utilize resources you would never think of . . . and even if you did think of them, this streamlines the process of finding the relevant portion. You are so kind to share it, Richard.

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:59 AM

Still enjoying this stunningly useful program.  Thankful for Richard's work on this.

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 6:40 AM

I have tried to run the application program to Index my Bible resources. I wanted a new copy since I upgraded to a larger library and to Logos 7.

Getting "Unhandled Exceptions has occurred in your application" telling me that Logos is not running when it is actually up and running. Tried stopping and restarting Logos. Same exceptions and message saying Logos is not running.

Has the program been run on any Logos 7 libraries yet?

Lane

Posts 106
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 9:15 AM

I have added quite a few other books to the file over the last 18 months (mostly those on sale), but will work on those I picked up with Logos 7 before I post a new version.

It doesn't matter if there are Logos 7 libraries: once they are in Logos they are just books regardless of where they came from. What could make a difference is having the Logos 7 program running rather than Logos 6, if there were changes made in how Logos allows other programs to access its data. But I just tried on my computer with Logos 7, and my program ran without problems. Is there any extra information in the window about the Unhandled Exception? Often there is more data that helps to find the problem.

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:15 PM

Lane McKay:
Has the program been run on any Logos 7 libraries yet?

I have L7 Platinum and re ran the program and it worked fine for me, adding about 30 more pages of links to what I originally had in L6.  My file turns out to be over 500 pages.   It is a stunningly useful program for me.

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:22 PM

This is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:23 PM

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 12:25 AM

Lane, I am not seeing a screen shot

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:53 AM

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:48 PM

Lane, I am not good at resolving these things, but if you upload the log files, someone may be able to figure out what is going on.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 4:26 PM

Richard Wilson:
I have added quite a few other books to the file over the last 18 months (mostly those on sale), but will work on those I picked up with Logos 7 before I post a new version.
I had intended to ask about this months ago and forgot. IIRC this only shows resources that you have and what we have in common with you, isn't that correct? 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 106
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 5:14 AM

Lane McKay:

Lane: Could you click the "Details" button in the error windows, and write or show with a screen shot what is written there? It may help. But basically Logos has not registered itself with Windows in the correct way. There are ways to try to make it register itself (which it should do when it is installed), but first I want to check the details before trying that.

Posts 106
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 5:16 AM

James Taylor:
IIRC this only shows resources that you have and what we have in common with you, isn't that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 5:17 AM

Richard Wilson:
correct.

Ok thanks. Looking forward to you new update then ;-)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 9:20 AM

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {319A0316-DF84-4B3C-8117-349B7E98E613} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Index_Bible_Studies.Main.UpdateApplication()
at Index_Bible_Studies.Main.<Main_Load>b__0(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Index Bible Studies
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Logos/Bible%20Study%20Index/Index%20Bible%20Studies.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Posts 106
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 12:10 PM

Lane: Try this:

Open a command line window (for example with the Windows key+R, searching for the program cmd from the Start Menu, or in other ways, depending on your version of Windows - if you have trouble let me know writing what Windows version you have) and in that window type and execute the command

regsvr32 C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Logos\Logos.exe

putting the user name of Windows instead the angled brackets. That should fix any problems with the registration of Logos with Windows. Maybe it will fix the problem with my program as well.

Posts 73
Lane McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 1:16 PM

Could it be because I have the entire program installed to an SSD? The path is:

G:\Logos\Logos.exe

Posts 106
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:33 PM

Lane McKay:
Could it be because I have the entire program installed to an SSD?

If the program was copied there rather than being installed there (that is likely, since I don't think Logos gives you an option to change the directory during the installation), then it is certainly the reason. My program can not find Logos, because it was not registered with Windows during the installation. You could try the command

regsvr32 G:\Logos\Logos.exe

to see if that registers Logos with Windows properly.

Page 5 of 9 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS