Favorite Logos Resource and why?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 151
luoar | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:38 AM

I am interested to know what other users think of as their favorite resource. For me it is the Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis. The reason is that it is almost entirely free of any errata.

What do other users say? [Let's keep it to a single resource, and a single sentence explanation.]

rari

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:52 AM

For me it's the Dictionary of Bible Themes for the way it points you to other Bible verses detailing with the theme you are interested in, in such a user-friendly format.

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:20 AM

My favorite is currently Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament because it's my newest resource. Big Smile

Posts 5
Eric Hazelrigg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:07 PM

I can't find that resource in Logos

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:25 PM

Peace to all!

My favourite is the absolutely free FaithLife Study Bible, built on three layers of study notes

http://faithlifebible.com/

(Here are a few notes from that site to save your looking it up:

Faithlife Study Bible

Get the world’s most advanced study Bible for free.

The Faithlife Study Bible helps you dig deeper together.

Always Growing

The FSB adds more study notes, maps, media, and Bible dictionary articles all the time.

Works Anywhere

Enjoy the FSB on the web or on popular mobile devices with the Faithlife Study Bible app.

Great for Groups

Share notes, reading plans, and documents with your groups in the Faithlife community.

Start using the FSB today.

Get the iOS app         Get the Android app     Get the Kindle Fire app -->

The Faithlife Study Bible helps you dig deeper together.

The FSB is ideal for your Bible study and Christian community. It works with several popular Bible translations. You can read it anywhere. It’s always growing with new study notes, maps, and media. And the Faithlife community makes it perfect for your church, family, friends, and school.

The Faithlife Study Bible has it all.

With the FSB, you’ll get a multitude of Bible study resources on your computer or mobile device.

• 3 layers of study notes

• Lexham English Bible

• Devotionals

• 2,200,000+ words—more than any other study Bible

• Lexham Bible Dictionary (2,800+ articles)

• About 400 photos, videos, and infographics

Read the FSB anywhere.

• iPhone & iPad

• Android Phones & Tablets

• Mac & PC

• Biblia.com

• -->
  • Logos Bible Software

• Vyrso eBooks

The FSB is perfect for groups.

The FSB ties into the Faithlife community, giving you plenty of ways to dig deeper together.

• Create and join church, school, or personal groups.
  • Make and share Community Notes in the FSB.
  • Set group reading plans with reminders.
  • Share lessons, outlines, and other documents.
  • Set your own Faithlife privacy preferences.

Start digging deeper, together.

Choose your platform

The free FSB app works on your iPad, iPhone, Android device, or Kindle Fire.

Get the app

The FSB app puts the Bible and community on your mobile device.

Enjoy the community

Create and join Christian groups on

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:42 PM

Eric Hazelrigg:

If you're referring to the Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis, it was a part of the Logos 4 base packages (Original Languages and above).  It not a part of the Logos 5 packages. I think that's because Logos is moving just using their in-house original language tools (Lexham branded).  There doesn't seem to be a Lexham replacement for the Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis for showing OT Hebrew clause visualization, which is unfortunate.

If you want Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis, you can still get it in the Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade package:

http://www.logos.com/product/28576/logos-4-minimal-crossgrade

(who knows how long that will be available)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:51 PM

Todd Phillips:

Eric Hazelrigg:

If you're referring to the Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis, it was a part of the Logos 4 base packages (Original Languages and above).  It not a part of the Logos 5 packages. I think that's because Logos is moving just using their in-house original language tools (Lexham branded).  There doesn't seem to be a Lexham replacement for the Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis for showing OT Hebrew clause visualization, which is unfortunate.

If you want Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis, you can still get it in the Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade package:

http://www.logos.com/product/28576/logos-4-minimal-crossgrade

(who knows how long that will be available)

I don't think that (bolded part) is correct.

I see it listed in the comparison chart, for Logos 5 base packages Bronze and higher. It's not in the minimal crossgrade for Logos 5, but you could upgrade to a higher base package and get it. Or, as Todd pointed out, you could buy the L4 minimal crossgrade (which will work for L5); that might end up being cheaper for you than upgrading to Bronze. You'd need to make the comparison yourself by checking out both pages -- the Logos website will automatically calculate your upgrade price based on what you own already.

Posts 151
luoar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:43 AM

Thanks for alerting me to this resource. 

rari

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:12 AM

Rosie Perera:

Todd Phillips:

Eric Hazelrigg:

I don't think that (bolded part) is correct.

I see it listed in the comparison chart, for Logos 5 base packages Bronze and higher. It's not in the minimal crossgrade for Logos 5, but you could upgrade to a higher base package and get it. Or, as Todd pointed out, you could buy the L4 minimal crossgrade (which will work for L5); that might end up being cheaper for you than upgrading to Bronze. You'd need to make the comparison yourself by checking out both pages -- the Logos website will automatically calculate your upgrade price based on what you own already.

You're right.  I was mistaken.  If you search for "Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis" in the Logos website, the only result is the Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade.  So I made a faulty assumption.  The L5 base packages don't list their contents on their pages so they don't show up in search results for individual books..

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:59 AM

BBDAG and any reference book!!

It can be hard to read large amount of text on a computer screen. BUT reference books?!? Heavens to Mergatroid! Reference books are all about speed, accuracy and integration.  Logos is at it's very best pulling together reference materials and BDAG is the current pinnacle of the art in biblical studies.

Bob

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS