Hebrew and ancient languages

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:21 PM

I know there is a Hebrew or ancient languages forum because years ago I signed up for it. But it is not listed anymore and had not been listed for a couple of years. Any way that the Hebrew forum (or ancient languages forum) could be listed? Many thanks, Gregorio

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:40 PM

It's still there. It's called "Learn to Use..." and it's listed on the forum home page. I don't know why the name was truncated (it used to be called something like "Learn to Use Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software")

http://community.logos.com/forums/83.aspx

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:55 PM

Ah, yes, Rosie, I found it! Thanks! I would have never guessed. May I suggest this general heading is changed for Ancient Languages? Especially now that there are conversations about other languages beside Hebrew and Greek? I suspect we would get a lot more participation. Best, Gregorio

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:06 PM

Gregorio Billikopf:

Ah, yes, Rosie, I found it! Thanks! I would have never guessed. May I suggest this general heading is changed for Ancient Languages? Especially now that there are conversations about other languages beside Hebrew and Greek? I suspect we would get a lot more participation. Best, Gregorio

Good suggestion. I don't have any control over it. Email forums@logos.com to propose that suggestion.

Whatever it gets changed to, it needs to be something more meaningful than "Learn to Use..."! People will think that's about learning to use Logos in general, which is what all the forums (and the wiki) are about.

Posts 345
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:15 PM

Great idea, Rosie. I just sent the suggestion as follows: "

I believe that the "Learn to use Hebrew and Greek" forums are not as utilized as they could be since the name has been truncated to "Learn to use..." May I suggest "Ancient Languages" for the main heading as we have Aramaic, Syriac, Latin, Hebrew, Greek and a growing host of languages that could be discussed here.
Posts 34450
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:30 PM

The Learn to Use ... forums are used for the Logos product

Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

The Learn to Use ... forums are used for the Logos product

Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software

Good point. I'd forgotten that they were meant specifically for users using that product.

Still, the name "Learn to Use..." is confusing and should be renamed back to the name of the product.

Posts 34450
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:43 PM

Gregorio Billikopf:
I know there is a Hebrew or ancient languages forum because years ago I signed up for it.

If I recall correctly this was/is not Logos proper but run by one of the Logos' scholars. I'm not sure I can find it but I will look.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:57 PM

Gregorio Billikopf:

I know there is a Hebrew or ancient languages forum because years ago I signed up for it. But it is not listed anymore and had not been listed for a couple of years. Any way that the Hebrew forum (or ancient languages forum) could be listed? Many thanks, Gregorio

Peace, Gregorio!             *smile*

I remember very, very fondly the old Logos Newsgroups!             Some really great and truly special newsgroups, including one for Greek and one for Hebrew.  We used to have great conversations on those newsgroups; and hardly ever did the conversation turn into theological arguments   .....   although we did see a few "doozies," perhaps why Logos doesn't want theological debates on these forums.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS