Bug: Copy location to clipboard missing

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:46 AM | Locked

Copy location to clipboard is missing from the menu in reports (such as the passage guides etc.). These seems pointless when you can bookmark those guides, so obviously a link can be generated.

In a related bug, most of the old libronixdls links from Logos 3 don't work to reports. There's a list here: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2007/12/external_linking_to_libronix_resour.html

I appreciate the syntax has probably changed slightly, but these links should be 'translated' by Logos 4 so they still work.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 9194
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 4:07 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Copy location to clipboard is missing from the menu in reports (such as the passage guides etc.). These seems pointless when you can bookmark those guides, so obviously a link can be generated.

In a related bug, most of the old libronixdls links from Logos 3 don't work to reports. There's a list here: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2007/12/external_linking_to_libronix_resour.html

I appreciate the syntax has probably changed slightly, but these links should be 'translated' by Logos 4 so they still work.

We translate a few links that are known to work correctly. Our plan is to create a new protocol (probably called "logos4:") that will support all the new features of Logos 4 reports and fix the problems with the libronixdls: protocol. During the private beta, I wrote:

This will be in a release after 4.0. (The links generated by LDLS3 work most of them time, but sometimes only work in IE and not Firefox (or vice versa); sometimes encode the Greek or Hebrew word correctly, and sometimes not (again, often depending on the browser); and suffer from some other annoying minor limitations. We're waiting to deploy this feature until we can develop a much more robust, cross-browser, Unicode-friendly solution.)

It's on our tasklist, but won't be in 4.0a.

Posts 9194
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 4:44 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Our plan is to create a new protocol (probably called "logos4:") that will support all the new features of Logos 4 reports and fix the problems with the libronixdls: protocol.

As you've probably seen by now, this was implemented in Logos 4.0d, and the Copy Location to Clipboard command was added to most panels in the application.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS