George, your email has been hacked.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:18 AM

I don't know how to send a DM so I put a post out. 

Posts 27564
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:14 AM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:
I don't know how to send a DM

DM's have been eliminated, except through Faithlife groups.

Out of curiosity… what do you mean his email has been hacked? Did you receive a spam email from his address?

EDIT: I just received one too. Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:01 AM

I did too.

Posts 70
james e snow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:28 PM

Have no clue what his email is, but I had 2 friends with yahoo addresses who were hacked yesterday.  One found out hacking orginated in Romania.

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:46 PM

Which George? There are at least two George's I know of on the forums. One who goes by just George, and George Somsel.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:18 PM

Rosie,

I am referring to George Somsel.  If that helps you.

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:35 PM

Joan Korte:

I am referring to George Somsel.  If that helps you.

OK, thanks. I have his email address and will drop him a note. Wait, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't, since if his email has indeed been hacked then the hacker would have access to it and receive my email perhaps even before George sees it and delete it (or get my email address from it).

If the spam email purporting to be from him had his name as the sender, but did not come from his email address then it is not likely his email was hacked. In that case, it is more likely yours or your Facebook friend network (if you're friends with George) has been hacked such that they know you have a friend named George Somsel and would be likely to believe an email was from him and click on it.

Anyway if his email was hacked, he probably knows it by now.

Posts 10525
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:43 PM

Rosie Perera:
If the spam email purporting to be from him had his name as the sender, but did not come from his email address then it is not likely his email was hacked. I

Received a few of these a couple of weeks ago—but none from George. The message claimed to be from a family member and contained a single link. The subject line would be something like: "Take a look at this!"

After I ignored them, they stopped coming.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:52 PM

I got an email from "George Somsel" that had a work from home ad linked.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:42 PM

C'et moi.  I was hacked.  I very foolishly clicked on a link in a post to another group I'm on, and the rest is history.  For some reason Norton didn't prevent what I assume was a Trojan Horse from sending emails to those in my contacts.  I've changed my password and had Norton scan my disk so I'm hopeful that the problem is solved.  Should there be any further spam messages sent in my name

1. Don't click on any link.
  2. Please notify me.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:41 PM

Good to hear. I didn't want to send an email for the reasons Rosie mentioned. Glad it's fixed.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS