Is it better to install from nothing?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Bura Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:11 AM

Friends:

Has anyone seen a performance hit form a clean installation of 4 vs upgrading?

Having said that is there any reason to run them both?

Has anyone uninstalled 3 after installing 4?   What were the results?

Respectfully:

Bura Lee Robinson III

servant of CHRiST

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:30 AM

Until they get an installation from cd figured out, I'm going to stick with my v3 alongside. Plus there are some features of v3 that aren't in v4 yet. 

So my answer is no, I haven't tried a clean install. After needing to reinstall from scratch, I actually installed 3 before 4 so that I could still have the option to add more resources from cd. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:50 PM

When I reformatted my system I did a clean install and re-downloaded all the resources from L and saw a decent speed increase. Then updating to latest beta gave another good bump in performance. Still a little sluggish, but not unbearable any longer except when using notes and when system is busy with other stuff while using Logos.

Posts 27033
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 2:07 AM

Bura Lee:
Has anyone seen a performance hit form a clean installation of 4 vs upgrading?

If you mean an install of L4 software only (no resource upgrade) then your existing L3 resources are copied across and updated to L4 format via a download. You do not get the special L4-only resources (below).

There is no in-place software upgrade as you would associate with upgrading Vista to Windows 7. Logos4 is always a clean install and will run alongside L3. The Upgrade is to your product library eg. Scholar's v3 to Scholar's 4 with extra resources, including some that will not be available with L3. There is a slight difference when you install with L3 in place but nothing that affects the software!

Bura Lee:
Having said that is there any reason to run them both?

For the missing features, which includes PBB files. See http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Bura Lee:
Has anyone uninstalled 3 after installing 4?   What were the results?

As stated above there is no performance hit as they are independent installations.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS