Logos 4 crashing on startup (Mountain Lion)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Rob Loomis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:22 PM

Hi there,

Today I started having a weird issue when I try and open Logos.  I'm an Apple tech so I know all the 'tricks' from the Apple side of things - but this has me stumped.  Every time I click Logos 4, it opens to the point where the piano music begins to play (opening melody), but then it is abruptly cut off and Logos quits.  No error.  No nothing.  Again, I've got a fresh system, restarted, everything I would typically do to fix a problem with Mac.  

Any ideas?  This JUST started occurring in the past week. 

Posts 29889
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:40 PM

Hi Rob! Welcome to the forums. Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

The first thing I would try is opening to a blank layout. Press and hold command key immediately upon startup… check appropriate box. If that doesn't work, we will probably need to see your logs.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Rob Loomis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:50 PM

Hey there,

Sorry. I forgot to mention that I already tried a blank layout.  My bad.  Which logs are you referring to?  Thanks!

Posts 29889
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:34 PM

Rob Loomis:
Which logs are you referring to?

Sorry… You will need to enable diagnostic logging. Here is the wiki article: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac

If you have any difficulties with it, let us know.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:14 PM

Rob Loomis:
 Which logs are you referring to?

From previous crashes, may have a Logos4Error.log and LogosCrash.txt files in ~/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Logging folder.  If so, please attach to forum using the paper clip.

Launching to a blank layout also enables Logos4.log file.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Rob Loomis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:23 PM

Here's a link to download the Logos4.log file created today.

http://cl.ly/MgUI

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:27 AM

Rob Loomis:
Here's a link to download the Logos4.log file created today.

Please use paper clip in Logos forum editor to attach file to a reply.

Apologies: personal aversion to clicking on tiny URL's.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Rob Loomis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:11 AM

Hey there,

Your aversion to clicking on URL's is matched by my aversion to posting log information on a website that I cannot remove it from when finished.  Sorry - but unless I am able to remove the uploaded file when we're done, retrieving the Log FIle from the link below is the only way I can go.

The link leads to CloudApp (http://getcloudapp.com) - safe and secure.  No concerns. 

Posts 3194
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:31 PM

Hi Rob: Please make sure you have the newest version of Logos 4. here is a link to the download page. http://www.logos.com/support/logos4/install

If the program continues to crash please call us at your earliest convenience. 800-875-6467

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:48 PM

Rob Loomis:

Your aversion to clicking on URL's is matched by my aversion to posting log information on a website that I cannot remove it from when finished.  Sorry - but unless I am able to remove the uploaded file when we're done, retrieving the Log FIle from the link below is the only way I can go.

Apologies: personal aversion is tiny URL's: (e.g. cl.ly) that requires URL expansion.  For unknown web sites, have a browser with java and javascript turned off.  The posted URL did not have file name, only a tiny code.

Appreciate aversion to posting log information that lacks ability for self removal.  On the Logos forums, have option in the More menu to Report Abuse on the reply that has a linked file, then can fill in form with request for Logos to remove posted file(s).

If crash log has SQLite database malformed message, the corresponding SQLite database file needs to be deleted.  Next time Logos ls launched, the SQLite database file is (re)created.

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos has Logos 4 and Logos 5 installer links.  Logos 5 is an application replacement for Logos 4.  A number of new features in Logos 5 need appropriate resources to enable their use.  Current Logos 4 functionality works in Logos 5.

Curious about Logos 4 Mac Version ? The current stable release Logos 4.6a SR-4 has Get Info version of 4.61.3399 while Logos 5.0a SR-4 has Get Info version of 5.0.1.291

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29889
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:54 AM

Rob Loomis:

Rob - I can appreciate your concerns. In the future, feel free to post questions in the forums, but if Logos are required, you should contact Logos directly via phone (quickest) or email (may take many days). With that said, I grabbed your logs… you are WAY out of date. Tongue Tied Here is your log info:

02/05/2013 16:41:04 |  INFO | 1 | LDLS4.Macintosh.OurApp | Starting application (4.0b SR-4, version 4.10.4.9457).

I could not find an exact match to your version number, but 4.0c was released in May of 2010! Did you turn of "use internet"? I noticed that you said originally that you had a fresh install. Did you use an old disk?

HERE is a link to the wiki page which has links to the installers. NOTE: I would look over the requirements for L5 and see if your system is compatible. For all practical purposes, L5 is an "update" to L4. If you don't purchase a new base package and/or minimal cross grade, you will not get the newest features, but that will be true of L4 as well. Your best bet to keep "up to date" is to go with L5, even if you don't upgrade to an L5 package.

Posts 7
Rob Loomis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:05 AM

Thank you for the information guys.  Seems this has been an issue for awhile as everytime I ran Logos, it said it was 'updating' - apparently it wasn't.  Odd.  I've updated and everything is running smoothly now.'

Thanks again!

Posts 29889
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:11 AM

Glad to help. Feel free to drop in when you have more questions. Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 4:15 AM

Rob Loomis:
Seems this has been an issue for awhile as everytime I ran Logos, it said it was 'updating' - apparently it wasn't.  Odd.

Unfortunately, some Logos 4 Mac releases have needed manual application update.

By the way, Logos 4.0b SR-4 was released on 18 Jan 2010 => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Release_Notes_and_History

Logos 4.3 added Personal Books; wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS