Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 13
Adrian Warnock | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:55 AM
There are reports of incompatibility between Logos Bible Software and the new Snow Leopard operating system. It seems the wise approach is to delay upgrading your OS until Logos issue what will hopefully be a quick fix if your Bible software is something you use every day. See: Snow Leopard and Logos Bible Software Beware on my blog.
Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:18 AM

actually... wouldn't the wise approach be for Logos to be prepared for the upgrade ahead of time?

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 2123
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:27 PM

Pastor Bob Turner:
wouldn't the wise approach be for Logos to be prepared for the upgrade ahead of time?

We are preparing ahead of time, but there’s only so much we can do before we have the final version of Snow Leopard that customers will receive. We’ve identified a minor compatibility issue and should have a fix out shortly after Snow Leopard ships.

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 1:33 PM
sounds good. are u able to share what the minor issue is or would be?

Posts 693
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:29 PM

Wise, yes and I know they try... I'm a PC so I happy I've had little to no problem with the Windows 7 RC I'm running, but Mac with an earlier than scheduled release I'm sure did not help developers, while they are exciting their customer base....

I would like to hear Microsoft come out early with the release of Windows 7, can't wait to fir it up in 64 Bit, which I wasn't going to do in RC version... Snow Leopard looks pretty nice too.

Be Blessed,

Frank

Posts 15
Jason David McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 5:32 PM

I just upgraded and some of my theological journals are behaving strangely.  For example, I can open volume 42 of JETS, but when I scroll down past the first few pages or so(trying to get to page 592), it's crash time.  Nor can I click directly to a higher page in the volume via a search.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:36 PM

Jason,

Did you get the 1.2.1 Logos for Mac update, released the same day as Snow Leopard? See http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/08/logos_for_mac_121_brings_snow_leopard_compatibility.html

It doesn't fix all the Snow Leopard issues but it should take care of the crashing.

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2009 8:28 PM
still having issues with the languages not looking right. they say another update is coming still... Accordance was prepared...

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2009 10:00 PM
Phil,

I have a question. Is this forum only accessible to actual users of Logos, or is it public so that anyone can get a password to post?

Say, hypothetically, there was someone who preferred other software and they wanted to come here to promote it. And every post in their history was either a criticism of Logos or mentioned another software they like better. Can I assume they are a real user, or could it be possible for them just to be here for another agenda. Why? I don't know because that would be quite silly to me, but it is just a hypothetical I was curious about.

Again, the real question is, who has access to post?

Thanks,
Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:42 AM

Phil

Now that 1.2.1 fixes the Hebrew font issue for Snow Leopard (I believe that is true), are there any plans to fix the same problem in 10.5? I asked this question in another thread and received no answer, so I'll keep asking until someone at Logos responds.

Jack

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 8:38 AM

Justin in the 10.6 thread said:

"The problem is with the Hebrew font in 10.5.  10.6 fixed the font issue and we were able to turn off the transliteration in 1.2.1 if running 10.6."

Sounds like the 10.5 font problem is an Apple issue, not a Logos issue, an issue Apple has fixed in 10.6. I'm not sure why Logos wouldn't be able to come up with a workaround for 10.5 but there's what they say.

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 8:52 AM
Joe - I'm a Logos and an Accordance owner. I actually prefer Logos over Accordance in many ways. In my opinion, Logos' interface is much better and simpler than Accordance. I have said that Accordance is like finding great treasures under rocks. Logos is like having the rocks overturned for you and the treasures are hurled at you. All that being said, I am a paying customer of Logos and admit that I am disappointed by the lack of basic features that are missing in their Mac product. Even free online Bible programs offer ability to highlight, add notes, etc. Seems odd that a very expensive Bible software program wouldn't have these as staple features for the Mac, when their PC version does. As a paying customer of Logos, I don't believe that my observations/suggestions/criticisms should be censored simply because a competitor (which I am also a customer of) offers these things. Hypothetically, any company that wouldn't listen to such suggestions, wants, and even criticisms based on competitor products simply is ignoring their customer's needs. But again, that is only hypothetical. :) I don't believe this is the case with Logos, which is why I believe they have forums such as these, and allow their customers, such as you and I to post on them. My hope is that they observe and improve. God bless! Bob

Posts 5
Steve Bramham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 9:37 AM
Joe, I too own LogosSilver Edition plus numerous add-ons and have used it both in Windows and with the Mac engine. I also own BibleWorks back several versions. As you know I do own Accordance and use it most of the time for sermon prep, bible studies, and to put together training for pastors in India where we have NGO status with over 75 church plants and 12 more scheduled for this next year. Each of these programs are good in different ways and I do occasionally use all three of them to find the material I need for a specific project. It's just that for day-to-day use, for my purposes, Accordance is where I usually go. Your mileage may vary. God Bless Steve

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 9:50 AM
Hi bob and Steve,

I appreciate the responses.

I am still not sure though, are the forums open to anyone to post or only Logos users.

I ask because, like you, our user name and password was our existing customer service account info. I notice that when I clean out my cookies, I have to reenter my Logos account info to get in. But I think I remember someone commenting before on how this was a public forum where perspective users could post. That, to me, would mean people who might be interested in Logos could read and others who are not users could post. Right?

Anyway, so I am wanting to know just who does have access to read & post? Is there any way to know the difference between folks who post with a logos account vs. those who might just sign-up to post?

Joe

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 10:04 AM
Jack, I just got a reply today from Logos Tech. They are working on a fix for earlier versions including 10.4 which I still use on my Mac. Joe

Posts 114
Steve Hultquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 10:08 AM

Hmmm...

I have downloaded 1.2.1 twice. Both times I get an error message when I open the DMG:

There may be a problem with this disk image. Are you sure you want to open it? Opening this disk image may make your computer less secure or cause other problems.

Seems like there's an issue with the DMG. Anyone else having this issue?

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 10:18 AM

Joe Miller:
Anyway, so I am wanting to know just who does have access to read & post?

Anyone has access.  They just need to create an account at logos.com.

Joe Miller:
Is there any way to know the difference between folks who post with a logos account vs. those who might just sign-up to post?

There is no way to do this.

Justin K.

Logos Ministry Development

360-685-4441

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:16 PM

The DMG is fine, open it anyway; it's a new Snow Leopard security check. I'm not sure exactly what it's looking for and what would keep the warning from displaying, but I got the same notice and had no trouble installing.

Posts 114
Steve Hultquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2009 5:05 PM

Ok. Yes, it should be fixed.

It did, indeed, install. But, that's a pretty scary error message!

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2009 10:02 AM

Yeah this is a problem... dang... was hoping to have 1.2.2 before I had to start prepping for the mid-week and weekend messages!!

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS