Crashing on Startup

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:51 AM

Logos 5 (latest version) has just started crashing on startup. When I try to start it, with or without Ctrl depressed, the Logos logo comes up for a few seconds then just disappears. Log files are attached. I deleted all files in the LibraryIndex and Bible index folders but it had no effect. Also I have run a virus scan (Kaspersky), registry cleaners, malware cleaners, and done several system reboots.

At the same moment that this problem started, I also became unable to run Firefox. When I attempt to start Firefox I get a message "firefox.exe - Bad Image. c: \..... mozjs.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error..." Due to the timing, this has to be related to the Logos problem.

4621.KG CRASH LOG FILES.ZIPSystem: Windows 7 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, plenty of free disk space.

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:19 AM

Keith, the logs show one error occurring three straight times and it is a Logos specific error. There was no current Logos.log file enclosed. Perhaps you do not have permanent diagnostic logging enabled so are not generating one, but that would help. If you need to enable this, see: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging Once enabled, try to reproduce the crash. Then go to the log folder an just zip up the most recent logs files (those produced today) and attach them to a follow up post.

What I can see just from the crash log I haven't seen before but perhaps some more information from the regular log file would help pinpoint the trouble.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:37 AM

Mark,
According to the link you provided, holding down the Ctrl key during startup will produce the log files (which I did). However, I have now enabled permanent debugging as you suggested. I tried to start Logos again and got the same crash. However, I searched my entire drive and there is no file named logos.log.

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:51 AM

Keith Gant:

Mark,
According to the link you provided, holding down the Ctrl key during startup will produce the log files (which I did). However, I have now enabled permanent debugging as you suggested. I tried to start Logos again and got the same crash. However, I searched my entire drive and there is no file named logos.log.

You should contact Tech Support about this, referencing this thread.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 1:25 PM

Keith Gant:
However, I searched my entire drive and there is no file named logos.log.

That is strange, but as Dave said, the best recourse is to contact Logos. If you do it by email (slow way) you can just attach the log files you already sent.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:12 AM

I have sent you some steps to try via email. Let us know if that works for you.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1
Stacey Peek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 5:56 PM

I too am experiencing the problem of Logos 5 crashing.

It happens just after application open but before the home screen is finished displaying.

on my Macbook Pro.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:13 PM

Stacey Peek:
I too am experiencing the problem of Logos 5 crashing.

Stacey - Since your issue may or may not be related to the original post, please create a new thread detailing the issue. One thing to try: Try loading to a blank layout. Press and hold the command key immediately upon startup. Check the appropriate box. If that doesn't work, please post logs… Here is the wiki on logging: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

NOTE: Logging must be enabled. If you do the command key trick, it should enable logging for one session… creating the logs we would need. Grab them and attach them with the paperclip icon.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:07 AM

Thanks to all for those suggestions. Fortunately, I am now up and running. I did a complete uninstall of Logos 5 then reinstalled it from the website. After 12 hours of downloading and indexing, Logos was going again. 

Since two other programs on my laptop experienced corrupted files around the same time, I am suspecting that my 3-year old SSD is starting to fail (maybe due to 3 years of Logos re-indexing's Smile). Will be looking to replace the SSD soon.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS