Logos 5 indexer has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Jesse Kneeland | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:56 PM

I’m an IT Admin at a Christian School and one of my users has Logos 5 on his system and is getting the error "Logos 5 indexer has stopped working" every time Logos starts.

What I've attempted:

FIRST: After searching online for a solution I’ve attempted uninstalling and re-installing Logos 4 and I have run the “rebuild index” only to get the same error.

SECOND: I contacted Logos support and sent an error log.  He said "you have a bad index file and a corrupt Library Catalog"  So he told me to:

"Close Logos 4 then please right click on the Logos 4 icon and click properties.  In Vista and Win 7 you should see a button listed as Open File Location, in XP you should see an option to Open Target Location.  Please click that button.  Please double click the Data folder.  Open the next folder it’s title is randomly generated.  Delete the LibraryIndex, LibraryCatalog and BibleIndex folders.  Restart the program and it will recreate the folders without the issues."  The issue continued after following these instructions.

THIRD: So he upgraded to Logos 5 yet he continued getting the same error.  I then uninstalled Logos completely, deleted his complete library, and re-installed Logos 5.  It worked... for a while.  He has now started getting the same "Logos 5 indexer has stopped working" error again every time he starts Logos.

He is using Windows 7 Pro 64BIT, has a Dual Core processor and 3 GB RAM.  He has another system with the same OS on it and is having no issues at all.

The attached error log is from today.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jesse Kneeland

2677.Logos Log Files 2.22.13.zip 

Posts 6724
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:04 PM

Welcome to the forums Jessie. I am not any good at reading logs, but have you looked at the http://wiki.logos.com to see if there is any solution there?

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:13 PM

Welcome to the forums Jesse! I am only a quarter techie… we will need someone more knowledgeable to help out. I did notice in the indexer error log that there is a "malformed" database. In the logos.log, I see a bunch of warnings for resources which I think are personal books. Do you know if your user has personal books? Has he compiled the books on both computers?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:18 PM

Jesse Kneeland:
He is using Windows 7 Pro 64BIT, has a Dual Core processor and 3 GB RAM

Side Note: 3 GB of ram is pushing the lower boundaries for Logos 5. 

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:38 PM

Jesse Kneeland:

He is using Windows 7 Pro 64BIT, has a Dual Core processor and 3 GB RAM.  

It appears he only has 2 GB RAM . . .

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 12
Jesse Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:02 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

Jesse Kneeland:

He is using Windows 7 Pro 64BIT, has a Dual Core processor and 3 GB RAM.  

It appears he only has 2 GB RAM . . .

That was in the logs? Interesting, I thought his system had 3GB.  Could that be related to the issue?
Posts 12
Jesse Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:05 PM

alabama24:

Welcome to the forums Jesse! I am only a quarter techie… we will need someone more knowledgeable to help out. I did notice in the indexer error log that there is a "malformed" database. In the logos.log, I see a bunch of warnings for resources which I think are personal books. Do you know if your user has personal books? Has he compiled the books on both computers?

Thanks for this.  I will look into it on Monday and see.  According to the user he has the same content on this system (school own laptop) as his other one (personal laptop).

I greatly appreciate all the quick feedback.  Thanks everyone.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:23 PM

Jesse Kneeland:
That was in the logs? Interesting, I thought his system had 3GB.  Could that be related to the issue?

I don't know… the logs state that there is a malformed database… I am assuming that it is one of the indexes. The logos indexing system is very intensive. Computers with much better specs can come to a stall. It is possible that the computer isn't finishing the index before it is turned off, screen closed, etc. 

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:28 PM

Jesse Kneeland:
According to the user he has the same content on this system (school own laptop) as his other one (personal laptop).

I don't want to assume that you know anything about Logos… Pardon me if I am repeating things you already know.Smile

Logos has a feature called the "personal book builder." This allows a user to add his or her own books (or other content) into the Logos system. The user compiles a Microsoft Word document (in .docx format) through the PBB tool. The metadata (author, title, publisher, etc) is synced between computers, but the book itself must be 1) compiled on each computer or 2) the compiled document must be manually moved. I <think> that some of the warnings are about personal books, but I am not sure about that.

Hopefully one of the techies will be along to look at the logs before you go back to work on Monday. Smile

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:36 PM

Jesse Kneeland:
I greatly appreciate all the quick feedback.  

The crash is connected with the Library index and it could be associated with hard drive errors, so it would be worth doing a check of the hard drive after deleting the LibraryIndex folder.  Make sure nothing else is running before you restart Logos (with 2 GB RAM Logos needs to be run alone for indexing).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

Given the information in the latest log file (3pm today), it appears that there is still a problem with a corrupt Library Index file.

You should be able to avoid the error by deleting this entire folder: C:\Users\jmoan\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\a4ocrdmu.1p0\LibraryIndex

If the indexer still crashes after doing this, please re-post updated log files and we'll see if there's a common underlying problem.

Posts 12
Jesse Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:43 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Given the information in the latest log file (3pm today), it appears that there is still a problem with a corrupt Library Index file.

You should be able to avoid the error by deleting this entire folder: C:\Users\jmoan\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\a4ocrdmu.1p0\LibraryIndex

If the indexer still crashes after doing this, please re-post updated log files and we'll see if there's a common underlying problem.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Per Bradley Grainger's instructions I've deleted the LibraryIndex file.  I also upgraded the computer to 4GB of RAM.  However, the Indexer still crashes. attached is a copy of the crash log.  Thanks again for all the help. 8686.Logos Log Files 3.11.13.zip
Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:32 PM

Jesse Kneeland:
Thanks again for all the help. 8686.Logos Log Files 3.11.13.zip

The indexer error file shows a history of different corrupt/malformed databases during indexing. So the first thing is to check hard drive and memory for errors. The next possibility is overheating during indexing, so improve ventilation by cleaning fans or directing air at the computer externally e.g. household fan.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS