Ancient Christian Commentary on Sacred Scripture

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:01 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the ACCS for logos? I know that  used to sell it but I can't find it when I search the products. If I was to buy the cd rom from amazo  is there a way to use it in logos 5?

Thanks

Posts 7324
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:06 AM

Yes, you can use the CD in Logos 4 or 5. Installation requires a few extra steps: http://wiki.logos.com/Installing_Libronix_Books

Posts 13
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:15 AM

That is great! Thank you Mark.

Posts 15220
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:25 AM

Barry - make sure anything you purchase is Logos/Libronix and not in another format. 

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 1009
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:10 AM

I think I recall there were two other Caveats re ACCS:

1. Originally there was a Logos CD released containing only a few of the volumes (those released by that time) and it cost about the same or sometimes even more than the subsequent CD containining ALL the volumes - expect there to be a few of those first generation ACCS CDs still on the back of shelves in some places... AVOID THEM...
  2. There were different CDs released for Logos depending on whether you wanted the Windows Libronix version or the early Logos MAC version.  Make sure you know which you are getting and how easy (or otherwise) it will be to get it into Logos 5 from its original format

Caveat also (as mentioned by others) that there were ACCS CDs released for different non-Logos software which you will NOT be able to transfer to Logos 5

Posts 2013
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:59 AM

Why in the world is this great commentary set no longer being sold by Logos?  Is there a problem between Intervarsity and Logos?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 13
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:53 AM

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. This is the cd that I am going to buy. Will this one from Amazon work on Logos 5? 

Posts 6523
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:01 AM

Michael Childs:
Why in the world is this great commentary set no longer being sold by Logos?  Is there a problem between Intervarsity and Logos?

No idea why it is not available. Aren't the IVP dictionaries still being sold by Logos? I would imagine the ACC's "problem", if any, is just with the specific resource. Hopefully it will return to the Logos website soon.

There were some other works in the pipeline by the same editor that I would also buy in Logos.

Posts 5540
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:11 AM

Maybe IVP was listening to Michael and they printed up 100,000 CD sets. And Logos is trying to help them re-coup?   I was (very) likely wrong about my previous guess; maybe this one too?

But in support of my crazy idea, Amazon DOES always confidently say 'More where these came from (wink, wink)!'

Posts 2717
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:25 AM
  • ISBN-10: 0830824804
  • ISBN-13: 978-0830824809

These are for the Complete ACCS Commentary.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1009
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:49 AM

Barry wright:

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. This is the cd that I am going to buy. Will this one from Amazon work on Logos 5? 

Difficult to say if the Amazon UK one would be good with Logos 5 as the description of the item for sale is far from detailled and complete. The price seems a little on the high side.   This one http://www.christianbook.com/ancient-christian-commentary-scripture-complete-rom/9780830824809/pd/824809?event=1021LIBX|1161957|1021 would be the correct one.     
Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:52 AM

David J. Wilson:

Barry wright:

Will this one from Amazon work on Logos 5? 

Difficult to say if the Amazon UK one would be good with Logos 5 as the description of the item for sale is far from detailled and complete.

The cover image clearly says Libronix, so it should work. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Mini late 2010 8GB RAM 10.6.8

Posts 1009
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:10 PM

I would tend to be a little insecure relying only on the illustration of the cover image as it may have been copied from elsewhere and is not backed up by a more detailed description on the Amazon page itself.

A link to the publishers web page on this CD (Windows version) http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2480 (note their Mac version is for Accordance NOT Logos)

General Introduction to the Series : http://www.ivpress.com/title/exc/1470-I.pdf

Posts 13
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:11 PM

Thanks David. The one on Amazon Uk has the same ISBN number as the one on Christianbook.com so it must be the same one. Thanks

Posts 664
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:58 PM

Barry wright:
The one on Amazon Uk has the same ISBN number as the one on Christianbook.com so it must be the same one.

Hi Barry,

I am very interested in this set and thus I have put in quite some time investigating the various issues with this work. My best advice to you is if it is at all possible watch and wait. Once you have pondered all the advice you have been given thus far track the price carefully and take the plunge at your most desirable level. 

CBD had this set at a great discount. If I recall it was somewhere around $216.00 USD around the end of the year. This is the best price I've seen thus far. So, slow and steady wins this race. 

Godspeed to you

Posts 13
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:17 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the great advice. I have found somewhere selling it for 162 pounds which is about 250 USD. I'm happy anough with that price and I am going to purchase it tomorrow. Big Smile

Posts 1009
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:38 PM

£162 Sounds like a much better price that the original £248 option and much more aligned with the price on the other side of the water....

Posts 490
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 9:04 PM

For those who currently own the set, are these volumes available on iOS devices?

Posts 2045
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 10:05 PM

YES the ACCSS series is mobile compatible.

-Dan

Posts 69
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 10:54 PM

It's back now in Logos - http://www.logos.com/product/31152/ancient-christian-commentary-on-scripture-complete-set-updated-edition.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS