What is this error?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:35 AM

I see this error regularly in my log file, any ideas? These are not names of Collections I have created (Clausal Outlines, Lexicons, Discourse Analysis)

Thanks!

2013-03-04 06:26:01.4142 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=19606ae6-26c3-44be-94a4-1e0323c14657|Title=Greek%20Lexham%20Clausal%20Outlines
2013-03-04 06:26:01.4142 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=19606ae6-26c3-44be-94a4-1e0323c14657|Title=Greek%20Lexham%20Clausal%20Outlines
2013-03-04 06:26:01.4142 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=70b5428b-74c7-43e3-a07d-794cb56baf39|Title=Lexicons
2013-03-04 06:26:01.4222 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=70b5428b-74c7-43e3-a07d-794cb56baf39|Title=Lexicons
2013-03-04 06:26:01.4222 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=6cc49324-c9fb-4c1e-b024-24a17bbc2b06|Title=Discourse%20Analysis
2013-03-04 06:26:01.4222 1 Error ResourceCollectionManager Could not open collection with specified name: CollectionId=6cc49324-c9fb-4c1e-b024-24a17bbc2b06|Title=Discourse%20Analysis

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:03 AM

Wonder if creating three collections causes errors to disappear ?

Name => Greek Lexham Clausal Outlines

Rule => Title:"Lexham Clausal Outlines of the Greek New Testament"

Name => Lexicons

Rule => Type:(Dictionary,Lexicon) OR (Type:Encyclopedia AND Title:(Greek,Jewish) AND Title:(Defined,Dictionary))

Name => Discourse Analysis

Rule => Mytag:Discourse OR Subject:(Discourse,Linguistics) OR Title:(Idioms, Linguistic)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:16 AM

I could try that, but since they are not Collection I ever had I am not sure that is right to do...

Also, I checked logging on my other install and this error does not come up. It would appear something might be broken somewhere? Any thoughts?

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:34 AM

Hey Don,

I'd be glad to look into it for you, but more context would be helpful. Can you attach the full logs?

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:37 PM

OK, here you go, and thanks Mike!  I learned a little more - At first I just opened and closed Logos, and there was no error! Trying different things, ehere is what I did with this log file to be created:

1. Opened Logos

2. Opened the Library pane by clicking on the middle mouse button (so it opens in a pane)

3. Turned off the i panel, clicked on Last Updated, scrolled to the top as if I was seeing if any resources were updated today (there were not)

4. Opened Layouts, and opened a predefined layout that had three panes vertical 1.3 each of the screen, from left to right: ESV, Catholic Lectionary, Information pane.

5. Closed Logos.

You will note in this log file, not only the Errors from above, but a whole lot of MethodBehaviorConverter errors, "Type NamedObject has no matching method 'Load'" (and Update, NamedDelete. Must be at least 100 of them!

PS - knowing how to create the error (at least one way), I now see it on my other computer whose error log was previously clean. So scratch that comment from above.

Does this help?

5556.Logos.log

Posts 26971
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:57 PM

Don,

Have you used the set Verbum command in conjunction with a Verbum package? It creates three "permanent" collections but not the ones you identified.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:23 PM

Hi Dave,

Yes I have done a Set Verbum to Yes, and I have purchased a Verbum package if that's what you mean. What collections does it create?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:26 PM

Don Awalt:

I could try that, but since they are not Collection I ever had I am not sure that is right to do...

Also, I checked logging on my other install and this error does not come up. It would appear something might be broken somewhere? Any thoughts?

Visual filter Discourse Analysis uses collection Discourse Analysis.

Visual filter Lexham Clausal Outlines uses collection Greek Lexham Clausal Outlines.

Visual filter Lexicon Links uses collection Lexicons.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 3:11 AM

Thanks Keep Smiling, do you show these Collections in your Logos when you Open Collections, is that where you got the rules you posted?

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 3:16 AM

I tried adding the three Collections you suggested, and I still get the error. I suspect those are internal Collections, as they have a specific Collection ID in the log file that I would be willing to bet my user-created collections don't share.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 3:20 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Visual filter Discourse Analysis uses collection Discourse Analysis.

Visual filter Lexham Clausal Outlines uses collection Greek Lexham Clausal Outlines.

Visual filter Lexicon Links uses collection Lexicons.

I checked, and I do have these Visual Filters. So as a test, I went to TDNT, and I see evidence of at least "Lexicon Links" being used. I can turn it off and turn it on. 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:17 PM

Don Awalt:

Yes I have done a Set Verbum to Yes, and I have purchased a Verbum package if that's what you mean. What collections does it create?

Catechism, Church Documents, and Church Fathers.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:00 PM

I have Catechisms (note the 's'), Church Fathers, but no Church Documents collection. I tried setting Verbum to No then Yes again. Are you sure about the name of this third one?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:29 PM

Don Awalt:

Thanks Keep Smiling, do you show these Collections in your Logos when you Open Collections, is that where you got the rules you posted?

Yes.  Thankful for copy and paste.  Thankful for wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Example_Collections

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:55 AM

Thanks. I did not get an answer, fgh is there truly a Church Documents collection? Can you tell what is the rule for it? I don't have that one.

I have narrowed down the second, and possibly largest error in the log file - I can just open a layout (described above; NAB, Lectionary, Information pane) and I get over a hundred of these:

2013-03-06 05:52:42.5406 1 Error MethodBehaviorConverter Type 'NamedObject' has no matching method 'Save'.

includes other method names. I tried updating the layout in case it was corrupted internally, no change.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 3:03 AM

I am pretty sure this type of error, which shows up in the hundreds if you are moving Layouts around, comes up from bringing up ANY named layout:

2013-03-06 05:52:42.5406 1 Error MethodBehaviorConverter Type 'NamedObject' has no matching method 'Save'.

I even created a brand new layout, just opened up ESV, and FSB, and saved as a layout; exited, restarted, opened the layout, and closed Logos (no need to do a Close All).

Would anyone care to confirm this?

Posts 26971
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:04 AM

Don Awalt:
I am pretty sure this type of error, which shows up in the hundreds if you are moving Layouts around, comes up from bringing up ANY named layout:

Yes!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 5:21 AM

Don Awalt:

I have Catechisms (note the 's'), Church Fathers, but no Church Documents collection. (...) Are you sure about the name of this third one?

No 's', and, yes, I'm sure:

Don Awalt:
Can you tell what is the rule for it? I don't have that one.

No rule. I think you're looking in the wrong place. These automatic collections don't show up in Collections (just as you don't have any Entire Library there, or any All Open Resources). They show up in Search dropdowns, Cited By, Passage Guides, and places like that.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 6:38 AM

fgh:
No rule. I think you're looking in the wrong place. These automatic collections don't show up in Collections (just as you don't have any Entire Library there, or any All Open Resources). They show up in Search dropdowns, Cited By, Passage Guides, and places like that.

Ah! I see them now, I have them all.  Thanks! Just fighting the log errors I reported above now, I guess Logos will get to them at some point! Thanks for your help!

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 1:37 PM

Sorry for the late reply on this.

This is a (now) known limitation of sharing Visual Filters. Any custom collections that a visual filter references will not work properly for any copies of the visual filter. So those errors are showing up because those visual filters are referencing another user's collections (which you don't have).

A future update of Logos 4/5 will overcome this limitation by using a collection with the same name as the one referenced in the document. That way you can create you own with that name, or get a copy of the original resource collection from the original user (Resource Collections are now shareable via documents.logos.com)

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS