Unable to Print

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 60
Stephen Harper | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:50 AM

Good afternoon all,

Since upgrading I seem to be unable to print directly from L5. When I open the Print/Export window I see an error under "Page" which reads "Error Retrieving Printer Information".

My printer is working fine with other programs.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Stephen Harper

Posts 30075
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:54 AM

I'm a Mac user, so forgive me for my ignorance… Have you tried updating your printer drivers?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:12 AM

alabama24:

I'm a Mac user, so forgive me for my ignorance… Have you tried updating your printer drivers?

If the printer is working with other programs, I do not believe the issue is with the printer drivers.

After looking at the image, I do not have a clue on why this error message is coming.  

Stephen, I am wondering if you could enable logging and then upload your log.  This might will help the trouble shooting of this issue.  

Please see http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging if you do not know how to enable L5 logging.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:15 AM

Hello Stephen,

These types of issues can be related to the printer driver. When the Print/Export menu loads, it asks the default printer what its properties or capabilities are. This message appears if the printer does not respond appropriately.

Troubleshooting Tip: We can test this by changing printers. Even if you don't have an additional printer to test with, Windows has a virtual printer built-in. You'll need to go to Control Panel, then open the Printers menu and set XPS Document Writer, or PDF Document Writer as the default printer. You can then test printing in Logos. Your test print will save a digital file instead of printing, but this will help us detect whether the problem exists in Logos or the printer driver.

In most cases, this can be resolved by updating or reinstalling the printer driver or software. You can download it from the printer manufacturer's website. You may need to reset your default printer setting if you followed my troubleshooting tip above.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 60
Stephen Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:51 AM

Thanks for the advice.

Deleting/reinstalling the printer seems to have resolved the issue.

Much appreciated.

Stephen.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS