Please can someone help me with Logos 4 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jonathan Kent Fuller Deal | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2009 12:17 AM

I have purchased and downloaded Bible Study Library LE, Have put in all the activation codes, have Libronics loaded and LOGOS (the blue Icon) loaded. Activating the application opens a screen that has absolutely nothing on it - no resources, no message about indexing, updating, NOTHING. One can put in any word to search, for instance, and it comes back (not surprisingly) in a flash, to say 0 results in 0 verses - obviously because there is nothing loaded, linked indexed or whatever.

Can anyone help me with a simple step by step procedure to get this software up and running. I run an IMAC with 8Gig of ram, a 2.8 processor and am on a fairly quick connection.

I manage fairly technical applications like Photoshop Cs3 without any issues, but can quite frankly say that in 21 years of exposure to computers, this is the most user-unfriendly software I have EVER tried to use. The 'demo' on Logos 4 and what I see on my screen are VERY different.

Please assist me if you can

Jonathan Deal

Cape Town, South Africa

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 12:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your frustration.  

You are aware that the Mac is in Alpha and so many things are blank because the interface has not yet been implemented.  

You may want to read the first link in my signature as a starting place.  

I am off to bed, but will try and help out tomorrow when I can with some other tips.  Meantime, there are a lot of good users who who I am sure will jump in to give some input.

Blessings brother.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:49 AM

Jonathan Kent Fuller Deal:
Can anyone help me with a simple step by step procedure to get this software up and running. I run an IMAC with 8Gig of ram, a 2.8 processor and am on a fairly quick connection.

Jonathan

L4 will need to download and index your resources. This process can take hours, depending upon the number of resources. You should see a miniature Logos icon near the right end of your menu bar. Hovering over this icon will give you a status report. The time remaining to complete indexing is an estimate (rough guess). 

L4 Mac is a Pre-Release Alpha version, which means that it is still in development and not yet suitable for prime time. You can help in the process if you are willing to endure freezes, crashes, and assorted missing features. Or you can wait a few weeks until L4 is more stable. In the mean time you can download and use version 1.2 (Mac) or run the Windows version using Parallels, Fusion, Boot Camp, or even (gasp) a Windows box.

In addition to the link in Joe's signature, you might take a look at this thread New to Logos 4 Mac? START HERE!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS