Logos 5.1 Beta 2 Scrolling Stutters

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2877
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:53 AM

In previous versions the scrolling seemed quite smooth but in this version it is not at all smooth. It scrolls a little and then stalls for a few seconds. Then it moves again.  Happens every time I scroll.

Currently have four bibles open all linked through Link Set A. Also have Bible notes file open. They are each on half the screen with the four bible tabs in a window on top half and notes in a window alone in bottom.

Posts 2877
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:23 PM

Must be the only one on this latest release.

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:32 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Must be the only one on this latest release.

Perhaps. Tried scrolling in a layout with 12 commentaries and 8 Bibles all set to Link Set A and experienced no "stutter".
Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:20 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

In previous versions the scrolling seemed quite smooth but in this version it is not at all smooth. It scrolls a little and then stalls for a few seconds. Then it moves again.  Happens every time I scroll.

Currently have four bibles open all linked through Link Set A. Also have Bible notes file open. They are each on half the screen with the four bible tabs in a window on top half and notes in a window alone in bottom.

Is it smooth if you close the Bible notes document? We are actively working on improvements to the initialization of notes within the notes document view.
Posts 2877
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:52 AM

No that doesn't seem to fix it.

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 1:29 PM

I am having hard time reproducing it. However, performance issues are notoriously hard to quantify and describe; so the more information you can provide us the better.

e.g. Which platform? What resources do you have opened/linked? What visual filters are being applied? A screenshot might help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS