Problem with "Learning Biblical Hebrew: A New Approach Using Discourse Analysis"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 23 2013 5:31 AM

Two days I ago I upgraded to the "Languages" package from Platinum. Everything seems fine with the exception of this particular module which is almost unusable in certain sections.

The first two times I opened it, Logos 5 hung and froze for a several seconds and then again between each mouse click. Navigating by clicking anywhere in the table of contents navigation pane was impossible.

After restarting L5 and my Mac a couple of times, changing workspaces, closing all tabs and trying different things to identify the problem, including navigating in other modules recently purchased, didn't seem to help. However, now not every section of the module causes the same amount of trouble.

The sections still very problematic are:

"Where do you go from here"

"Verb charts"

"Vocabulary

"Vocabulary Index"

Any thoughts on this or any others having trouble with this particular module?

Thanks!

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 4603
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:09 AM

I would like to help, but I am running windows not Mac. It sounds like it may be something to do with the Mac version. I assume your new resources have completed indexing. If not, that may explain the problem

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:28 AM

Thanks Fred.

Yes, the new resources have finished indexing and before attempting to use Logos I made sure to let that all complete. The other new modules are all ok, so it's just this one...and it's primarily the jump from "Where do you go from here" to "Verb charts" to "Vocabulary."

I had thought of reindexing but I do not really think that is the solution.

And if your module navigates fine on the Windows side, it is probably just the Mac version. But that would require some other Mac users with this same module to confirm.

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:46 AM

Mark Nigro:
And if your module navigates fine on the Windows side, it is probably just the Mac version. But that would require some other Mac users with this same module to confirm.

Logos 5.1 Beta 2 on OS X 10.8.3 has a spinning beach ball for awhile when scrolling from Where Do You Go from Here (with Hebrew for Deuteronomy 14:29 on screen, but reference not showing) to Verb Charts that is noticeably longer than pause on Windows 7.  In constrast, scrolling up from Verb Charts has no pause.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:36 PM

I am able to reproduce this issue and will report it to Development.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS