Globally replacing highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 1:58 PM

Once text is highlighted, is it possible to change all highlights of a certain type to another type of highlighting (e.g. change yellow to blue)? Is it possible to move the highlights to another Notes file or a different highlighting palette?

It would be handy if a single highlighting could be changed by clicking on it and choosing "Change highlighting", without having to undo and redo the highlighting. It would also be great if all of the highlighting for a certain book could be moved to another Notes file.

I also wonder if there is any easy way to reduce the length of a large highlight. For example, it would be nice to be able to grab the beginning of the highlight and drag it to a new starting point, rather than to delete the highlight (which might include notes) and add a new highlight.

Thanks for any tips people have on this.

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 2:10 PM

Harry Hahne:
Once text is highlighted, is it possible to change all highlights of a certain type to another type of highlighting

Yes, but… Be careful. If you create a highlighter, you can change the highlighter at any time. ALL highlights using that highlighter will reflect the changes. I don't think this will work with the stock highlighters… 

Harry Hahne:
Is it possible to move the highlights to another Notes file or a different highlighting palette?

Yes, but… only one at a time. Open two note files side by side (not one hidden under the other in the same panel), and drag the note files from one into the other.

Harry Hahne:
It would also be great if all of the highlighting for a certain book could be moved to another Notes file.

Batch moving would be nice.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 3:11 PM

alabama24:

Yes, but… Be careful. If you create a highlighter, you can change the highlighter at any time. ALL highlights using that highlighter will reflect the changes. I don't think this will work with the stock highlighters… 

What I really have in mind, is to batch change the highlighting for a single book. I had done a lot of highlighting in a book and then I realized that I was still using the palette/note file that I had created for a different study. It is easy to do, since the color is the same as a stock palette.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS