BUG: 5.1 Beta 3 no longer supports Mac Spell check as you type in notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Nicholas Ritchie | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 31 2013 1:53 PM

Logos 5 for Mac.

I used to be able to right click on one of my notes and activate check spelling while I type.  This functionality was available in previous builds but has disappeared in 5.1 B3.

The only option I get when I right click is to cut, copy or paste.

I have re-booted my Mac to clear the clipboard and still I only get cut, copy or paste options.

thanks,

Nick

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 5:27 PM

Here is my guess: The old notes editor relied heavily on Mac OSX, whereas the new editor is being built by Logos. (Is that right?) This may explain the deletion of spell check. Hopefully it will come back!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Grayson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:48 AM

alabama24:

Here is my guess: The old notes editor relied heavily on Mac OSX, whereas the new editor is being built by Logos. (Is that right?) This may explain the deletion of spell check. Hopefully it will come back!

This is correct.  The new editor allows for many more features and platform parity, but spell check was something that we received "for free" from Apple's implementation that we no longer have.
Posts 4
Shane Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:55 AM

So are we going to get spell check back? or is there a way to go back from this update? I rely heavily on Spell check. 

Shane. 

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:22 AM

Grayson:
 The new editor allows for many more features and platform parity, but spell check was something that we received "for free" from Apple's implementation that we no longer have.

To me, the loss of spell check is a small price to pay for the improvements—those already implemented and those to come—in the notes editor.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS