Please improve content management features

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:48 AM

Managing uploaded content in Proclaim has, to this point, been an exercise in frustration. I love the cloud sync feature, and overall Proclaim seems to have a lot of promise, but when multiple people are contributing, I think it is key that a content management system offer far more flexibility.

Here is what I would like to eventually see implemented:

A content management mode. Right now there is Edit, Preview, and "On Air". I would like to see Manage My Content added as a fourth mode.

Content Management should act in a manner similar to iTunes or iPhoto - you have a central Library. Everything is in the Library. If you delete it from the Library, it is deleted from your group's account. 

Albums - Content Management should support albums. The Worship Director can create an album with their preferred worship slide backgrounds. The Pastor can create an album with their favorite sermon slide backgrounds. The Church Media Director can create an album with frequently used announcements. 

Content Management should support batch editing of metadata. Content Management should support Smart Albums. For example: create an album called Love, where metadata contains "Love". This will allow content to be easily grouped by theme.

Overall, a system like this will make managing a group's content much easier.

Posts 1244
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:44 AM

Benjamin Hodge:

Yes

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:49 AM

Benjamin Hodge:

YesYesYes

Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 10:52 AM

Overall, a system like this will make managing a group's content much easier!!

And Logical.

YES! This would be an awesome improvement for content management.

However, I don't think the "Manage My Content" belongs at the Edit, Preview, On Air level. It would be fine to go to Background, Browse Media, Group Uploads and have the management options within the Group Upload folder. However, it would be nice to have a direct  link under Background: (1) My Content, (2) Browse Media, (3) Import...

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jim Straatman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2016 12:56 PM

Thank you all for your feedback on content management and usability. We are activly working on content improvements across Faithlife church products and will feed your suggestions into the design process.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS