Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 167
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 10 2009 9:51 PM

The following Pre-Pubs have been listed as "Under Contract".  It seems like they have been in this mode way too long.

What is hold up? Will these ever be ready for shipping? Does anyone have any
answers?

Logos seems to be more interested in releasing others which have been on Pre-Pub far shorter times than these.

Life in a Risen Saviour by Robert S. Candlish [DOWNLOAD]

The Christian Doctrine of Justification and Reconciliation, by Albrecht
Ritschl

Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education [DOWNLOAD]

Christian History & Biography Magazine Upgrade (Issues 9, 52-99) [DOWNLOAD]

St. Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians [DOWNLOAD]

Ted

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 4:17 AM

TedHarms:

The following Pre-Pubs have been listed as "Under Contract".  It seems like they have been in this mode way too long.

answers?

Logos seems to be more interested in releasing others which have been on Pre-Pub far shorter times than these.

Life in a Risen Saviour by Robert S. Candlish [DOWNLOAD]

The Christian Doctrine of Justification and Reconciliation, by Albrecht
Ritschl

Christian History & Biography Magazine Upgrade (Issues 9, 52-99) [DOWNLOAD]

St. Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians [DOWNLOAD]

Ted

Too long in prepub?  These are almost brand new in prepub.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 7:43 AM

GeorgeSomsel:
Too long in prepub?  These are almost brand new in prepub.

...especially comparing to the Hebrew pronunciation module Sad

Bohuslav

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 2:22 AM

TedHarms:

answers?

Ted

Most of these tittles where first offered in community pricing before they made their way into Pre -pub. I take it you are not including the period it was on community pricing.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2009 1:41 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
...especially comparing to the Hebrew pronunciation module Sad

It would certainly help if there were some sort of updated information on such pre-pubs. Has it been two years now?

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2009 1:46 PM

TedHarms:

In my pre-pubs list I see this volume as "Gathering Interest" but with an expected ship date of 9/29/2009. I hope we do receive it about that time (I'm teaching a course on Christian Education in October and it would be a great help!).

Posts 35787
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2009 3:55 PM

TedHarms:

Don't forget to take in account the fact that the amount of work between scanning and releasing can vary drastically between books. I suspect that the length of time is based on estimated amount of work, allocation of resources, contractual dates, balance in offerings and, oh yes, Logos sale force interests?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2009 7:39 PM
I'm cheering on Henry Alford's Greek Testament, on pre-pub for about a year and three months.
Posts 32
Jonathan Mackwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2009 2:42 PM

I have had the NIBC set, Mileys Systematic Theology and the IVP OT Dictionary upgrade on prepub since march/april and still no sign of shipping dates. Yet the NIC set appeared on prepub a lot more recently and is already close to shipping... Seems to me the priority is definitely more a business decision e.g. NIC costs more and more people will have ordered it, so even if more work is needed on it than smaller projects, it makes more business sense to focus on NIC than the smaller projects. Would be nice though to have some idea of when these other books/collections will be worked on??

Shalom Jonty

My website: http://www.mackwell.co.nr/ the website of the missionary organization: http://www.wec-int.org/cms/ 

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2009 7:11 PM

I have a slightly different concern.

I understand that pre-pubs need to be at 100% for them to make a go of it. That's a business model and Logos is in this as ministry, but also as a business.

But, as an example, the finest series ever written, IMHO, on pastoral care - the Fortress Press Pastoral Counseling series - sits there tantalizingly close to 100% and doesn't seem to get over the top. It would be so terrific for this series to be published - but I wonder if it will ever happen.

Another example - the Harvard Classics - which is a great way of getting many resources quite cheaply - probably won't get there either.

Sigh. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2009 8:10 PM

Al Bastin:

But, as an example, the finest series ever written, IMHO, on pastoral care - the Fortress Press Pastoral Counseling series - sits there tantalizingly close to 100% and doesn't seem to get over the top. It would be so terrific for this series to be published - but I wonder if it will ever happen.

Another example - the Harvard Classics - which is a great way of getting many resources quite cheaply - probably won't get there either.

Sigh.

Dear Bro. Al,

I know exactly how you feel. Harvard Classics went on my Pre-Pub list in April 2008. But, Be of Good Cheer! Logos is extremely patient with Pre-Pubs, almost to a fault. That is why the Pre-Pub page is so long.  Big Smile

I would rather have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the Harvard Classics progress bar slowly creeping, than to see it go the way of the Samaritan Pentateuch. (They say that should return.)

The Logos business model is very adept to the limitations of "stream income." There is a finite amount of money Logos can dip out of our budgets each month. They have to balance production with that cash flow ceiling.

It looks like my family will be eating beans, potatoes, and ramen noodles for a while longer. I'm just scared to ask what other irresistable mega-Pre-Pub can they throw at me next?  Tongue Tied

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2009 10:18 PM
I cannot believe this has not gone in publication yet. I thought there would be a great interest in having this literature on the computer. I am waiting though.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS