John Gill's Commentaries

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 73 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 4:52 PM

I wanted to give people a chance to look at Gill's commentaries again.  I'm really surprised his commentaries haven't received a much higher response.  I have his works in another format and value his input.

Posts 137
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 7:33 PM

What is the latest news on this? Any ideas when it will go to production and be released?

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:12 PM

Jason Skipper:

What is the latest news on this? Any ideas when it will go to production and be released?

http://www.logos.com/product/8514/the-works-of-john-gill

Will give you some idea on progress. Not even having 50% of needed bids it could be a long time before it goes into preproduction. When it has enough I would assume a text as massive as this needing extensive tagging will take several months to complete. It is my favourite commentary from the period and a valuable work to own, but I seem to be in the minority believing this.

-Dan

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:05 AM

Dan Francis:

Jason Skipper:

http://www.logos.com/product/8514/the-works-of-john-gill

Will give you some idea on progress. Not even having 50% of needed bids it could be a long time before it goes into preproduction. When it has enough I would assume a text as massive as this needing extensive tagging will take several months to complete. It is my favourite commentary from the period and a valuable work to own, but I seem to be in the minority believing this.

-Dan

Right now the Classic Commentary sets are getting the most attention in Community Priing. I think many are overwhelmed at the volume, even with tremendous value.

Like you I've been Very disappointed at the lack of interest in one-author collections on CP, like Manton, Clarke, Gill, and several others.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:28 AM

IMO, Logos should just bite the bullet and do Gill. There is no one like him and no work like his is being done today. There is no one with the understanding of Hebrew, Jewish commentators and the history of the text like him. Of course, he is not perfect, but he didn't write to make a dollar, he wrote because he stood for God and ALL of His truth. I'm sick and tired of all the Logos ads for books that are being written today with no regard for biblical accuracy. Having Gill's works and the ease of copying and pasting scripture from the taskbar are the only reasons I still use Logos 3.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:35 AM

I've offered to help finance his writings so they are included FREE with all Logos products, but no response from Logos.

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:12 PM

Feel free to contact me to discuss how we can move Gill into production sooner: pgons@logos.com or 360-685-2314.

Posts 16
Christian Girl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2012 10:17 PM

Must have! I would buy it! Yes

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:00 AM

Phil, I sent you an email a while back and haven't heard back yet. Thanks!!!

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:25 AM

Since this is included with some base packages, I think it should ship soon, and sort of skip the regular CP process.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:39 AM
?What base packages???
Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 11:48 AM

Baptist Platinum, I think. If you go to the Prepub page, it lists them on the right.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:30 PM

Thanks!!! You are correct I just bought "The Cause of God and Truth" and "A Complete Body of Doctrinal and Practical Divinity" Don't know why this hasn't been advertised?

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS