More Light on the Path

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
John L | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 21 2013 1:26 AM

I know that "More Light on the Path" should be read according to church year and some Jewish events, while NOT following the number of week ONLY. Would the Logos version open the daily reading according the number of week only? Or open the daily reading according to special occasions as well? Thank you!

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 5:00 AM

Hi John! Welcome to the forums. Smile

John Lee:
I know that "More Light on the Path" should be read according to church year and some Jewish events, while NOT following the number of week ONLY. Would the Logos version open the daily reading according the number of week only? Or open the daily reading according to special occasions as well?

I don't have this resource, but if i understand the question correctly, this resource is supposed to be used in conjunction with the liturgical calendar, rather than the Julian calendar. Is that right? Unfortunately, Logos doesn't have a way to know what the liturgical "date" is (as far as I know). I think you could create a reading plan and set it up properly, but I have never done anything like that. Some of our other forum regulars will have to give more insight. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 5:56 AM

Peace and Every Blessing!           *smile*

John, could you please give me just a wee bit more information as I'm not quite understanding your point.  Probably I need my second coffee this morning, eh???

More Light On The Path is a "Calendar Devotional," that opens on my home page daily. 

It's a beautiful resource ...........      actually one of my favourites  .....             *smile*                     a quick devotional review of one's Greek and Hebrew...

Here is today's devotion:  (the formatting is good in Logos 5, not good on these forums)    *smile*

Job 12:9–10; Romans 11:36

A Matter of Vision

O God, heal my doubt until I see your hand everywhere, in all things.

Job 12:9–10

מִי לֹא־יָדַע בְּכָל־אֵלֶּה כִּי יַד־יְהוָה עָשְׂתָה זֹּאת׃

אֲשֶׁר בְּיָדוֹ נֶפֶשׁ כָּל־חָי וְרוּחַ כָּל־בְּשַׂר־אִישׁ׃

עָשְׂתָה

v.3.f.s.pf.Q. [עשׂה]

Romans 11:36

ὅτι ἐξ αὐτοῦ καὶ διʼ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰς αὐτὸν τὰ πάντα· αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας, ἀμήν.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3
John L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 7:25 AM

Thanks all of you!

In my hard copy, there's a page "Calendar of Weekly Readings," in which there's a table showing which number of week to be read every week from year 1998-2007. If we follow this arrangement, the topic of the week will revolve around the Christian and Jewish calendars. (According to the Preface) But there's no such information beyond 2007. So I want to know if Logos version would choose the right passage everyday, even beyond 2007. Thank you!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 7:52 AM

John Lee:

Thanks all of you!

In my hard copy, there's a page "Calendar of Weekly Readings," in which there's a table showing which number of week to be read every week from year 1998-2007. If we follow this arrangement, the topic of the week will revolve around the Christian and Jewish calendars. (According to the Preface) But there's no such information beyond 2007. So I want to know if Logos version would choose the right passage everyday, even beyond 2007. Thank you!

Blessings, John!          *smile*                        For years now I've just been using what came up from day to day!           Actually I never dreamed that there was a definite planned pattern; and I thank you very profusely for pointing this out for me!     That's likely the way I will keep on going in the future; however, you have enriched and expanded my "existence," and I'm very thankful!     Indeed!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3
John L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:01 AM

I'm so glad to hear that!!! Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:59 AM

John Lee:
I know that "More Light on the Path" should be read according to church year and some Jewish events, while NOT following the number of week ONLY. Would the Logos version open the daily reading according the number of week only? Or open the daily reading according to special occasions as well?

Given that the Crucifixion comes up for Easter Day, and the Pentecost texts for May 21, I'd say it's probably off with about two days.Big Smile

alabama24:
the liturgical calendar, rather than the Julian calendar

You're still using the Julian calendar? I thought only the Orthodox did that. Stick out tongue

alabama24:
Logos doesn't have a way to know what the liturgical "date" is (as far as I know)

I believe they're working on a liturgical datatype.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:52 AM

fgh:

alabama24:
Logos doesn't have a way to know what the liturgical "date" is (as far as I know)

I believe they're working on a liturgical datatype.

That would probably be the fix needed Smile

Of course, every resource like this would need to have the additional tagging added to function properly… 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS