Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 7 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 13407
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 1:27 PM

Liam Walsh:
I got the plug in, and followed the installation instructions here: http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/calibre-plugins-the-simplest-option-for-removing-most-ebook-drm/ but for some reason I'm getting the exact same results. Is there a page on this for dummies that will go over every detail?

You have to re-import all your Kindle books after installing the plugin.

Posts 1198
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 4:03 PM

Mark Barnes:
You have to re-import all your Kindle books after installing the plugin.

Hey Mark,

I did this, but it still didn't work. I could not find the files for the kindle books (from the kindle for mac app), so I had to copy them from my kindle fire to the desktop (connected with a usb), and then had to add the files on my desktop from the add books option. I'm not sure if this changes my situation or not. I have no idea where the individual book files would be storred. I searched my computer and came up with nothing even though my kindle for mac app has about 50 resources downloaded. 

Thanks again-

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 4:17 PM

Liam - if you are using one of the newer versions of OSX, you will need to unhide your user library. I'm not able to post more about this now, but a google search should be productive. Then do a search for "where are my kindle books stored on my Mac."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13407
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 4:21 PM

Liam Walsh:
I did this, but it still didn't work.

I don't have a Mac, but many of these tutorials have Mac screenshots/instructions. Hopefully one will help: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=remove+drm+from+kindle 

This one might be the best? http://www.cultofmac.com/173945/how-to-read-kindle-books-in-ibooks-and-keep-your-library-in-the-cloud-how-to/

Posts 1198
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 5:25 PM

Thanks a ton guys, I figured it out with your help!

Posts 1198
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 7:29 PM

Mark Barnes:
Use Word to convert from .html to .docx

Ok... I got it except for this step... Does anyone have any pointers? I have Word 2008 for Mac.

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 7:58 PM

You will need 2011... Or you can use another program such as libre office. 

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 7:59 PM

By "convert," Mark just means to use the "save as" feature. 

Posts 4109
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 10:55 PM

Sorry to all the kindle users out there, but I have no interest in this. I like my iPad. I don't, and probably won't have a kindle.

I would much rather see iOS and Windows feature parity :P

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 18921
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 1:10 AM

abondservant:

Sorry to all the kindle users out there, but I have no interest in this. I like my iPad. I don't, and probably won't have a kindle.

There's a Kindle app for iPad. I use the Kindle app on my iPod Touch.

Posts 3104
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 2:24 AM

i like to see it soon.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1518
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 3:21 AM

I would be very interested in this feature. I oftentimes manually export Logos books (mainly the type you actually read through rather than just reference) to Kindle and it is a lot of work.

I don't mind at all if this feature wouldn't be able to send notes or highlights.

Posts 1518
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 3:25 AM

And... it's important that it footnotes.

Posts 13407
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 5:41 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
And... it's important that it footnotes.

Yes, if there's a send to Kindle option it needs to support images and footnotes.

Posts 13407
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 5:42 AM

Rosie Perera:
There's a Kindle app for iPad. I use the Kindle app on my iPod Touch.

But it's pointless reading Logos books on Kindle for iPad when you could use the Logos app.

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 5:51 AM

Mark Barnes:
But it's pointless reading Logos books on Kindle for iPad when you could use the Logos app.

Personally, I would much rather use the Logos mobile app… but using the Kindle app isn't pointless for some readers… One reason is that some readers prefer the typeface choices (which is a frequent complaint among a strong minority of users). Others might prefer the "dimmer" settings found in the Kindle app.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 7:25 AM

Please!!! I would love this feature!

Posts 4109
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 7:57 AM

alabama24:

Mark Barnes:

Personally, I would much rather use the Logos mobile app… but using the Kindle app isn't pointless for some readers… One reason is that some readers prefer the typeface choices (which is a frequent complaint among a strong minority of users). Others might prefer the "dimmer" settings found in the Kindle app.

I have and do use the kindle app for my ipad - many of my text books are in kindle format, and I DO prefer the font. HOWEVER, not enough to prefer the kindle app to the logos app. I would much rather see a more robust (even if it doesn't reach parity) Logos for ios app.

It seems foolish to me from a business standpoint to allow people to export books from your proprietary format to a different one that can relatively easily be cracked. I suppose logos format could be cracked as well.

Additionally, next people are going to want this feature for their other tablet devices, for iBooks (which i like a lot better than kindle books AND has a wider user base I'd guess), and so forth.

The dimmer settings are available to anyone for any app... Simply push the home button, scroll over to "Settings" then "Brightness and Contrast" then use the slider to adjust for your brightness (or dim) needs.

If the mobile app were what it should be, then there would be no need for extraneous features like this I think.

The mobile app is great, but it could definitely be better.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2953
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 10:19 AM

Tonya J Ross:
Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

Yes Yes Yes

Ja! Ja! Das ist gut!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 10:21 AM

I would be interested in a send to Kindle, even if notes etc can't be used.

Page 7 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS