BUG : Logos Indexer Crashes 57%

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
Bud Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 14 2013 12:08 PM

I am running into a consistent crash of the Logos Indexer. It crashes at 57% every time. I am running the Windows version of Logos 5 on a Windows VM on my Mac. (Believe it or not, Logos 5 runs faster this way than does the native Mac app!)

• Logos Bible Software 5.0b SR-3 (5.0.2.0752)
  • Windows Home Professional 7.0 SP1
  • Parallels Build 8.0.18483 (8GB and 4 Processors)
  • Mac OSX 10.8.3

Any fixes?

8203.LogosError.zip

Posts 9054
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 12:48 PM

The error in the log is "A device attached to the system is not functioning."  in "System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore". This sounds like your virtual disk is failing during indexing (and there's not much we can do in the Indexer to work around it).

I don't know much about Parallels on Mac, so I don't have any helpful suggestions, sorry.

Posts 40
Bud Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 2:02 PM

The Logos resources are not installed in the Parallels virtual disk; they are written on an actual (physical) drive. Wouldn't the indexer be reading that drive? Is it writing the index to that drive?

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 12:01 AM

Bud Brown:
Is it writing the index to that drive?

It appears that Logos is handling the W: drive OK, but it would be helpful to have the full logosIndexer.log, straightb after the crash and before restarting Logos.  To get the log start Logos with Ctrl key held.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS