New Internet sales tax-online purchases

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 26 2013 7:51 AM

alabama24:

Typically, if a company has a physical presence in the state, they charge sales tax in that state. I believe that Logos already charges sales tax for residents of Washington State.

Logos also charges sales tax in Arizona because of their Faithlife office here. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 2:38 PM

Jacob Hantla:

[Logos also charges sales tax in Arizona because of their Faithlife office here. 

Faithlife Office?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 3:45 PM

Steve:

Jacob Hantla:

[Logos also charges sales tax in Arizona because of their Faithlife office here. 

Faithlife Office?

Logos has an office in Arizona for some programmers. I was not aware that it was Faithlife that was housed there, but one way or the other, they have a presence in AZ.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 3:47 PM

Steve:

Jacob Hantla:

Faithlife Office?

Apparently Jacob knows more regarding this than I.  I was aware that Logos has a presence in Arizona, but I was not aware that it was a Faithlife Office.  I wondered why they would open an office in Arizona so far removed from their home base, but that would explain how that would be possible.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2143
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 3:51 PM

In the state of Ohio, as one is filling those beloved tax forms there is a question that asked you to declare the value of online purchases. Then you are taxed on them.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 5:09 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

In the state of Ohio, as one is filling those beloved tax forms there is a question that asked you to declare the value of online purchases. Then you are taxed on them.

North Carolina has a similar question, but they also want a list of any our-of-state purchases. Virginia does not charge enough sales tax, so NC wants the difference Angry

Posts 2737
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:33 PM

I'd like to see about taxing the politicians every time they lie. That should solve the budget crisis.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:46 PM

mab:

I'd like to see about taxing the politicians every time they lie. That should solve the budget crisis.

Can you say "Budget surplus"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 32980
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:57 PM

George Somsel:
  I wondered why they would open an office in Arizona

It was my understanding that initially it was to have a presence near Mac developers. I don't recall why that was my understanding.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32980
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 6:59 PM

mab:
I'd like to see about taxing the politicians ...

I'd like to see a world in which people didn't insult each other. I suspect we both have the same chance of ever seeing our wishes fulfilled - zero.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 4:19 AM

MJ. Smith:

George Somsel:
  I wondered why they would open an office in Arizona

It was my understanding that initially it was to have a presence near Mac developers. I don't recall why that was my understanding.

Believe that was stated when a potential Phoenix office was first mentioned.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 4:51 PM

MJ. Smith:

mab:
I'd like to see about taxing the politicians ...

I'd like to see a world in which people didn't insult each other. I suspect we both have the same chance of ever seeing our wishes fulfilled - zero.

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS