Abbreviation Styles for ShortPassageRef

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
M. V. Pereira | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 27 2013 9:59 AM

Greetings, is there any way to modify the abbreviations used by the ShortPassageRef tag in the Copy Bible Verse (CBV) tool? In reviewing the Turabian Manual for Writer 7th Edition, I noticed a few differences between the official recommended format for abbreviations and what Logos uses with the ShortPassageRef tag. For example, Turabian calls for "1 Tm" as the abbreviation for "1 Timothy." But when I copy from Logos using ShortPassageRef in my custom CBV style, I get "1 Ti" as the abbreviation. Other differences include: Ro; 1 Co; 2 Co; 1 Pe; 2 Pe; Ga; Php; 1 Th; 2 Th; Phm; Re.

Thanks in advance!

Posts 26615
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 4:44 AM

Of the abbreviations you mention Logos doesn't recognise 1 Tm  although it recognises 1 tm! But 1 Ti is used in the Turabian citation style. So that discrepancy could be overcome. Use in the ShortPassageRef would be more problemmatical as no citation style is associated with it. It would be interesting to see what Logos have to say.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 7:03 AM

Dave Hooton:
Logos doesn't recognise 1 Tm  although it recognises 1 tm!

Surprise Logos never ceases to amaze me!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS