Pericope Listing

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 4:52 AM

Would it be possible to add a label field to this personal book (in addition to the text field) within each pericope, such that I would be a be able to search for and find any pericopes I have tagged as relevant to a certain topic?  For example, it would be helpful to be able to tag each pericope as it is related to various topics (i.e. deity of Christ, prayer, sovereignty of God, etc.).

If there is a better way to do this, I'm open to other ideas.  However, as I'm reading through my bible reading plan, this seems to be a great place to build a database of biblical themes.  Thank you.

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:34 PM

Christopher:

Let me think out loud for a minute or two:

Do you think you might want to refer to a topical index? I'm certain you have one: Nelson's, MacArthur, NASB, Torrey;s, etc. These relate topics (indexed as headwords) with the relevant passage cites. 

I don't think there's a Personal Book input field for Labels, and as far as I can determine, you can't enter Labels to user-text in input boxes, as I don't think Highlighting is applicable to that (Labels are a type of Highlighting). You could highlight the text of the pericope heading and enter Labels on those. Searching on those Labels would always yield hits on just the Pericope Notebook itself. See https://ref.ly/logosres/logos4help;hw=Label_Entry  for help with Label Entry.

You could fakeroo your own search text in the input box by creating your own labeling convention to append to the end of your input text, such as "CK~~:" and add a word like "atonement" or "law" or "gospel". Then use a basic search for "CK~~:atonement". It might be a fair amount of trouble to maintain consistency and again, it would only yield hits in the Notebook. Nope; user-text in input boxes is apparently not in the full-text index.

I suggest that you create a layout for your reading plan with your default bible, the Pericope Notebook, and a custom passage guide with just the Topic section (all with the same link set). The Notebook and guide will move with your reading and you'll be able to see topics associated with the verse you're in. You can click on a topic from the word cloud and see the topical index resource hits and browse them for other passages that might help you with your notes. For help on customizing a guide template, see https://ref.ly/logosres/logos4help;hw=Edit_Guide_Template or https://wiki.logos.com/Building_a_Custom_Guide_Example 

Please let us know what solution you devise.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 27020
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:55 PM

You could, however, add labels to the compiled personal book. See Labels in Help.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2016 6:49 PM

Thank you for your ideas. 

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do.  I think the best option is to label the verse in my Bible with a key that will align with my Theological topical index book.  Will let you know if I come up with anything more creative than that!

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 2:30 AM

Have you looked into the Sermon labels for PBs? Logos will automatically create several indexes for those (location, date, topic, subject, bible verse). Seems ideally structured to gradually build your own index. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 10:39 AM

@ Robert Warren - I'd like to ask you a question about Logos via email.  Do you mind contacting me (and then I will respond with my question) at chris @ kleinsonline dot org ?

Thanks!

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 4:47 PM

Christopher Klein:
Do you mind contacting me (

No problem. Just did.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS