2 John F. MacArthur Jr. Books look similar - but are they?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:56 PM

Hi everyone

This is really odd and for the first time Sales Support (usually awesome) wasnt able to help.

This book is in my Logos collection currently

http://www.logos.com/product/658/rediscovering-pastoral-ministry-shaping-contemporary-ministry-with-biblical-mandates

My professor (I consulted him but he wasnt able to help either) would like me to read this book for class: Pastoral Ministry: How to Shepherd Biblically – Updated) which looks to be identical to this listing

http://www.logos.com/product/9789/macarthur-pastors-library-on-pastoral-ministry#

Does anyone know if the two books are identical (except for the Title) please?

Pastoral Ministry: How to Shepherd Biblically – Updated and

Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry: Shaping Contemporary Ministry with Biblical Mandates

Posts 1903
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:25 PM

Pastoral Ministry: How to Shepherd Biblically – Updated is copyright 2005 and Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry: Shaping Contemporary Ministry with Biblical Mandates is copyright 1995.

Both have the same essays written by the same authors -- the chapter titles are all the same. The older one has three appendixes that were eliminated from the newer: Appendix 1 - Affirmation of Doctrinal Convictions; Appendix 2 - Ordination Applicant Profile; Appendix 3 - Ordination Comprehensive Questions.

Whether the essays themselves were updated at all would be hard to know without reading through all of it side by side. But I did scan through one chapter and found no differences. I don't think you would have any problem reading the one you have for class.

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:39 PM

Integ, may God bless you, your family, and your ministry richly.  What a relief to see your response.

Try as I might I could not get a real answer from anyone from several sources...thanks.

Glory to God...Jesus Lead On!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:55 PM

Integ:
Both have the same essays written by the same authors -- the chapter titles are all the same. The older one has three appendixes that were eliminated from the newer: Appendix 1 - Affirmation of Doctrinal Convictions; Appendix 2 - Ordination Applicant Profile; Appendix 3 - Ordination Comprehensive Questions.

Older resource also has expandable Chapters plus has a bit more Bold text within a chapter.

Integ:

Whether the essays themselves were updated at all would be hard to know without reading through all of it side by side. But I did scan through one chapter and found no differences. I don't think you would have any problem reading the one you have for class.

Likewise noticed same content on several pages.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1903
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:37 AM

You're welcome Joshua, hope you find the book as helpful as I did.My print edition (the older one) is marked from front to back.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS