Tim Keller's Sermon Archive Index suggestion: easier navigation

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:11 AM

In the Timothy Keller Sermon Archive, the table of contents includes three indices.

The first seems irrelevant, since the ToC (as the resource) is already organized by date. But that doesn't bother me.

The next two indices are difficult to navigate, especially the "Sermons by Series" index, which also seems to be organized by date. Try to find out (as I did this morning), if Keller has a series on the book of Acts, e.g.. What would be helpful is if the series titles were tagged so as to show in a list in the ToC. It may also be more helpful to organize this index alphabetically, rather than chronologically, since the chronological index already exists.

The "Sermons by Reference" index is much, much easier to navigate, since it is organized canonically, but it would be even easier to navigate if Bible books were tagged so as to make them visible in the ToC as well.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:11 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
What would be helpful is if the series titles were tagged so as to show in a list in the ToC. It may also be more helpful to organize this index alphabetically, rather than chronologically, since the chronological index already exists.

I had the same problem this weekend. It is very difficult, at present, to navigate via series.

YesYes to your suggestion!

Big Smile

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:06 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
The "Sermons by Reference" index is much, much easier to navigate, since it is organized canonically, but it would be even easier to navigate if Bible books were tagged so as to make them visible in the ToC as well.

I've just created a Personal Book that has a proper Scripture index to Keller's sermons. Perhaps it will help: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/77327.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS