Amusing Error in The Bible Exposition Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Fraser Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:08 PM

Just been reading this

"When missionary John G. Paton was translating the Bible in the Outer Hebrides, he searched for the exact word to translate believe"

http://biblia.com/books/ntbec/Col1.4 

I think Wiersbe means the New Hebrides which is a long way from the Outer Hebrides :-)

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:12 PM

Fraser Edwards:
I think Wiersbe means the New Hebrides which is a long way from the Outer Hebrides :-)

An error which is replicated in Kent Hughes' Preaching the Word commentary on Colossians!

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:23 PM

Amusing only to people who know their former British Empire geography and John G. Paton's bio. I had to look those up.

Good catch! You might want to report this error to LogosFeedback@logos.com, as they don't usually check this General forum for error reports.

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:28 PM

Rosie Perera:
Good catch! You might want to report this error to LogosFeedback@logos.com, as they don't usually check this General forum for error reports.

The error is in the print volume. Logos don't normally correct these errors unless the publisher does.

Posts 34
Fraser Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:30 PM

Yes true - being in Scotland means I've more idea of where the Outer Hebrides are which meant I spent a good while wondering what John G Paton was doing translating the bible out there! :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS