Installing Logos 4 on More than one Computer

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:53 AM

I'm sure these topics are covered, but my searches haven't yielded any results. I have some basic questions, and will have more later.

1. How many of my computers may I install Logos 4 on? (more than 2?)

2. Can Logos 4 be run on a computer similar to the phone Apps, where I would download the program and not download the resources, or only download resources that I need? (where are the directions if this is possible).

Posts 509
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 1:17 PM

Laurie,

1. We have permission to have it on as many computers as we desire, but it is limited to one user (with the exception that others in the same family (spouse)can casually use it. The license is for one person.

2. I don't believe this is possible.

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:01 AM

Laurie J. Braaten:
2. Can Logos 4 be run on a computer similar to the phone Apps, where I would download the program and not download the resources, or only download resources that I need? (where are the directions if this is possible).

No. There are a few tablets with touch screens that can run the desktop Logos, but you have to consider Logos 5 as Logos 4 won't run on these Windows 8 devices. By definition, you can't download resources as and when needed.

You have to use a Logos app on Android/iOS phones or tablets to achieve that functionality with resources.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:55 PM

Thanks for the responses. To further  answer my own question: I now have a computer running windows 8 and was able to install the Logos 5 upgrade I purchased in November. Windows 8 is designed to run as if it were a tablet, and the Logos (tablet) app can be installed on it. It is a very bare bones version, no split screen. Resources can be run through an internet connection, or downloaded for faster access. In order to run more than one resource (like a Hebrew and Greek Bible at that same time) I also installed Vyrso, and run one resources on that app, and the other on Logos. But I note that Vyrso doesn't recognize that I already downloaded some resources on logos, so I had to download them again.  This is just playing around, Logos 5 may run fast enough on my new system that I don't need to run these tablet apps.

Laurie

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 2:55 PM

Laurie J. Braaten:
In order to run more than one resource (like a Hebrew and Greek Bible at that same time) I also installed Vyrso, and run one resources on that app, and the other on Logos. But I note that Vyrso doesn't recognize that I already downloaded some resources on logos, so I had to download them again. 

The device apps don't share resources with each other nor with the desktop Logos 5  e.g. Vyrso can only use the resources it has downloaded and it has a split screen to enable you to run two resources at once.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:11 PM

Dave Hooton:
Vyrso can only use the resources it has downloaded and it has a split screen to enable you to run two resources at once.

Hi Dave, I took another look at Vyrso on Windows 8. It is very bare bones, I don't see any way to split the screen, can you tell me the trick?

Laurie

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 5:08 PM

Laurie J. Braaten:
Hi Dave, I took another look at Vyrso on Windows 8. It is very bare bones,

The Bible app has more features, but none of the modern/mobile apps are designed to match the desktop Logos because of the limitations of mobile devices.

Laurie J. Braaten:
I don't see any way to split the screen, can you tell me the trick?

Look for a quarter circle in the bottom right corner and drag it up. There is an option (in Settings) to link the two resources if they have a common datatype e.g. two bibles, bible/commentary, two Greek lexicons.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 1:00 PM

hmmm. I'm not seeing a quarter circle. I've tried clicking the screen, that doesn't bring anything up. I've found the settings menu, but no option to link two resources is there.

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 7:54 PM

Laurie, I was speaking about Vyrso on Android and am not aware of a Vyrso app on Windows 8, so please provide a screenshot to illustrate what you have.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 24768
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 12:37 AM

Dave Hooton:
Laurie, I was speaking about Vyrso on Android and am not aware of a Vyrso app on Windows 8

Hi Dave

I was surprised to find that there is a Vyrso app in the Windows 8 store.

I have installed it and there don't seem to be any controls to support split screen functionality

Graham

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 3:45 PM

Graham Criddle:
I was surprised to find that there is a Vyrso app in the Windows 8 store.

Live and learn!

I didn't try the W8 Store as I couldn't find any Logos.com advertising under Products >> Apps >> Windows. But now I find it doesn't mention Vyrso under Apps >> Android and no mention of W8 when I look at Vyrso.com.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS