Text Comparison

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 237
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:01 PM

I was really disapointed today to find that "Text Comparison" was NOT in Leaders Librairy.

To my way of thinking - it makes more sence to include in the lower modules more if not all of the BASE product. Giving us the basic tools for Bible study.

I bought Leaders Library and it contains copious books that I will never, never use or read. I would rather spend my hard earned cash on books I chose to buy rather on books that someone else thinks I should have.

I would rather spend my hard earned money on tools that I can use for actual Bible study.

ie. Text Comparison is a basic (I'm just a layman without formal Bible sc hool training) tool that I would find very helpfull. But I have to buy a module way above my capabilities just to have that capability. ???

Posts 32952
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:53 PM

RickRatzlaff:
I was really disapointed today to find that "Text Comparison" was NOT in Leaders Librairy.

While I don't see having to find the differences oneself that difficult a task, I think you make a good case. There does need to be an "interested lay person" bundle that stresses tools not resources on the assumption that the individual will select a group of resources that reflects their interests, denomination, ministries and education.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19
Bryan Sherwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:58 PM

I would agree - rather disappointing.  I purchased the Bible Study Tools product and have been pleased but like you, was disappointed to learn that Text Comparison doesn't function in the same way in some of the base packages as it does in the higher end packages.

Perhaps that may change in the future?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS