Keith Green Midi Hymnal

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 367
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 8 2013 5:30 AM

RE: Keith Green MIDI HYmnal.

I note that in Logos 5 the alphabetical drop down index of hymns does not operate as expected.

Under most alphabet letters the drop down list shows all hymns starting with that letter.

However under the letters H, I, L, O, S, T & W hymns are gathered into further drop down groups.

I cannot see how this is helpful.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:32 AM

Steve Green's Midi Hymnal

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:11 PM

What dropdown index? Are you talking about the Table of Contents that has expandable entries for each letter of the alphabet?

Or are you talking about any or all of the resource's indices at the end (Author, Composer, 1st lines)?

Regardless, on my copy, I couldn't find any behavior that looked like what you're talking about. Could you give a step-by-step so others can duplicate what you're talking about?

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:27 PM

BillS:
Could you give a step-by-step so others can duplicate what you're talking about?

WIth screen shots. Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 367
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:03 PM

Sorry fellows. I will include a few pix.

Open Keith Green's MIDI Hymnal.

1. Look for a hymn starting with "F" eg Face to face. All the "F" hymns are listed. See screen shot "Green F"

2. Now look for a hymn starting with "T" eg Take my hand. See screen shot "Green T" The hymn in hidden.

3. Open the Drop down menu under Take me as I am, and Take my hand is revealed. See screen shot "Green T2"

Can you replicate this?

What advantage is this?

Stephen

Sydney, Australia

Posts 367
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:06 PM

Sorry,

for "Keith" read "Steve"

Stephen

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:57 PM

What you are seeing in the TOC is called "nesting" and is perfectly acceptable In situations with very long lists...  Except that they should not have used the name of a hymn for the second tier. 

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:05 PM

Upon further inspection, it looks like that they did it well, you just don't have the TOC open wide enough. I can see now that it is clear that they are using whole song titles as ranges (I.e. "take me as I am" — "Take time to be." This is needed because there are so many hymns with "T". For example, from your screen shot I would estimate nearly 50 hymns with the word "There" at the beginning alone!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS