Parallel Passages and Harmonies like in Version 3

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:02 PM

I previously found somewhere on the web, a command which would open this feature in L4 based on the scripture selected in a bible.  Seems like it was SHOW ...  I promise to put it in a note this time.  Can anyone tell me what the command is?

Thanks

Luther Locklin - Logos L4 lover and Evangelist

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:24 PM

Hi Luther,

I’m not sure which of these may pertain to what you want, but here are a few options:

To locate the “harmony resources” type this in the Find box of the Library:

type:harmony

OR

Select some text in a Bible and then press F7

OR

In the Command box type Show Passage Analysis which is also located on the Tools menu

OR

Look at the Parallel Passages section in the Passage Guide

Blessings,

Morris

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 11:01 PM

Or Tools > Text Comparison.  F7 brings up a streamlined pop-up window with the parallel passages in your top four Bibles, but you might want it in a tab or floating window where you have more control over how it displays and what versions show up in it.

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:46 AM

I appreciate your and Rosie's reply but I don't think these are what I experienced but failed to document.  I had my ESV opened to Matthew and typing a command in the command window brought up a window which opened to the correct place in Matthew and showed the Parallel Passages and Harmonies side by side similar to the view in Ver 3. (Matt     Mark    Luke    John) in the ESV.

I've looked through the list of Command Window Commands on the Wiki and tried most of them but still haven't found this feature.  It's always possible that I was tired and misunderstood what I was looking at.  However, I distinctly remember being so thrilled that it existed that I made sure to tell my wife about it.

Thanks again for the help,

Luther

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:27 AM

LutherJLocklin:
  I had my ESV opened to Matthew and typing a command in the command window brought up a window which opened to the correct place in Matthew and showed the Parallel Passages and Harmonies side by side similar to the view in Ver 3. (Matt     Mark    Luke    John) in the ESV.

That sounds like the power lookup feature.  Tools>power lookup or in the commandbox power lookup.

Or perhaps compare pericopes?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:01 PM

Thomas Black:

Or perhaps compare pericopes?

To get to this feature, choose Tools > Passage Guide > Compare Pericopes
Or type "compare pericopes" in the command bar.

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:47 PM

All the harmony and parallel passage data sets were moved into books. You'll now find them via the Library tool, and most still let you choose the version you want displayed.

Posts 123
Colin A Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:19 AM

In using Robertson Harmonies - I used to be able in Libronix v3 to cut and paste into word - then print...

In Logos 4 how do I print the harmonies?

Cut and paste does not work...the formatting is not suitable...

Is there a work round?

Colin Wright

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:42 AM

Colin A Wright:
Is there a work round?

Not unless you want to print screen shots. We're all waiting to see what Logos does with printing.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:00 AM

Kevin Becker:

Colin A Wright:
Is there a work round?

Not unless you want to print screen shots. We're all waiting to see what Logos does with printing.

Actually, I just selected a passage in Robertsons and pasted it right into word and it went into a table format just fine.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:15 AM

Robert Pavich:
Actually, I just selected a passage in Robertsons and pasted it right into word and it went into a table format just fine.

Oh, Embarrassed I just took Colin's word that copy and pasting didn't work....

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:59 PM

Robert Pavich:

Kevin Becker:

Colin A Wright:
Is there a work round?

I tried it too, and it did go into table format, but it was not quite the same layout as in Logos, so I could see why he didn't like the results. Here's an example:

In Logos:

In Word:

Once you've got it into Word, though, it's not that hard to adjust the table layouts by dragging column divider lines around to suit your taste (I've turned off table gridlines in this screenshot -- they don't print but they do help visually while you're adjusting the layout).

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS