update to logos 5.1 does not work

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 543
L.A. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:29 AM

update to 5.1 from Logos 5.0b SR-4 (5.0.2.0755) (mac version) does not work even after reinstalling the logos 5 app (including download & update folder)

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5_Release_Notes

Posts 12077
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:37 AM

You need to use command "Set update channel to beta" to update from stable to a Release Candidate - or wait until it "goes gold" i.e. is put onto stable channnel, which seems to be a couple of days only, unless there are some serious (and fast-fixable) things detected by the RC adopters. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 543
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:30 AM

Thanks for the info! Yes So I'll wait...

...only wondering why this update (RC) was on the release notes page and not on the beta release notes page...

Features seem quite interesting.  

Posts 29731
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:05 AM

"Release Canidates" are considered "stable." Those who are not inclined to go through the guinea pig part of beta testing might be interested in trying an RC. This provides the company with a larger install base before it ships to everyone. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 5:14 AM

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Release_Notes_and_History shows up to three Release Candidates before "Gold" is declared for a version.

One option is using command "Set update channel to beta" to install Logos 5.1 Release Candidate 1, then use command "Set update channel to stable" for future stable updates.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 543
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:39 AM

Tank you veeeryyyy much :-) (y) (y) So - now I understand... 

Alabama and KeepSmiling - you're a blessing! Thanks for your patience ... 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS