I swear CP is conspiring against me

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Matthew Collins | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:17 AM

This is the second time this has happened. I order a couple of items on CP. At the time of the order and the closing of CP the aussie dollar is higher then the USD. A nice little discount. When the product ships and the credit card is debited the USD is higher again meaning I pay more then expected. I could be wrong  here but each time the shipping date has been pushed back until just after the exchange rate has tipped out of my favour.

It's only a couple of bucks so it wont break the bank but I can't help to feel there is some sort of conspiracy as to the USD/AUD exchange rate and shipping times.

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:27 AM

I often feel the same way, as I sit, spear in hand, under the tamarisk tree Wink

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:07 AM

Yes, it's definitely a conspiracy.  They do the same thing with the Canadian dollar every time there's something I want.  I think it's a result of the NSA in the States monitoring our e-mails and Logos orders.  Stick out tongue

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:21 AM

papa_gowgow:

I often feel the same way, as I sit, spear in hand, under the tamarisk tree Wink

Peace to you!          *smile*

Quite a fascinating post that you've posted, eh???   It certainly prompts my curiosity!   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamarix

I really don't know the "tamarisk" here in Canada ....   There are some "warnings" against it from Toronto ...

Tamarix: One of the Dirty Dozen

Pretty, isn't it? Tamarix ramosissima, also known as tamarisk or saltcedar, is blooming with extra vigor here and there around the city. When not in bloom, it looks unassuming, and sparsely feathered – as if a shrub had disguised itself as asparagus fern.
Don't be fooled. I used to wonder why it wasn't more widely planted. Now I know that tamarisk is one of the Nature Conservancy's Dirty Dozen most invasive ornamental plants – and one of the World Conservation Union's 100 worst alien invaders.
Already a big problem south of the border, the threat hasn't yet reached Ontario, from what I can see. However, western provinces such as Manitoba (see link above) and Alberta are issuing warnings. Most at risk are areas with ample water, such as riverbanks, as the tamarisk has a wicked thirst – up to 750 litres (200 gallons) per day. That's per day.
The tamarisk shrub or tree produces salt secretions that make growing conditions inhospitable to other plants. In that way, it muscles out native riparian species.
A quick Google search shows that Tamarix is still available for purchase in local nurseries. As pretty as these frothy flowers are, I'd think twice before buying.          Edit!   *smile*        It sho' 'nuff looks pretty!        

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:24 AM

It also happens for the British Pound Sterling. But since the CP prices are a steal anyway, I don't mind that Bob gets a few bob more for his back pocket. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

By way of translation for my overseas friends, a few bob is a colloquialism for a few shillings (old currency was Pounds, Shillings and Pence (Librae Solidi Denarii). I couldn't resist the wordplay.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:49 PM

Alan Macgregor:

It also happens for the British Pound Sterling. But since the CP prices are a steal anyway, I don't mind that Bob gets a few bob more for his back pocket. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

By way of translation for my overseas friends, a few bob is a colloquialism for a few shillings (old currency was Pounds, Shillings and Pence (Librae Solidi Denarii). I couldn't resist the wordplay.

Such generosity from a Scotsman too. What is the world coming too. Big Smile

(Says the Welshman.)

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 3:52 PM

Alex Scott:
 I think it's a result of the NSA in the States monitoring our e-mails and Logos orders.  Stick out tongue

Logos orders are probably considered subversive Geeked

For me, the price remains constant Cool Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself Big Smile

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:14 PM

Alex Scott:
They do the same thing with the Canadian dollar every time there's something I want.

I know what you mean.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:14 PM

Alex Scott:
They do the same thing with the Canadian dollar every time there's something I want.

I know what you mean.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:51 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
 one of the World Conservation Union's 100 worst alien invaders

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS