Logos 4 Performance Issue (with Mac Parralels)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:23 AM

I am running Logos 4 on Windows 7 (via parallels on a new macbook pro with 2gb of RAM allocated to the windows partition; I am sorry if this should be posted in a different forum, I didn't see a more appropriate forum) and am unable to access the "reading view."  When I activate it (F11), the entire Logos screen goes black until I deactivate it.  When I type something into the command box, the command box goes black and I am unable to see what I am typing.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know what the problem is or what a fix might be?  Thanks for your time.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:26 AM

Paul Knopf:

I am running Logos 4 on Windows 7 (via parallels on a new macbook pro with 2gb of RAM allocated to the windows partition; I am sorry if this should be posted in a different forum, I didn't see a more appropriate forum) and am unable to access the "reading view."  When I activate it (F11), the entire Logos screen goes black until I deactivate it.  When I type something into the command box, the command box goes black and I am unable to see what I am typing.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know what the problem is or what a fix might be?  Thanks for your time.

This is most likely an issue with Parallels.

You should still be able to edit the thread title. If you can, and can figure out how to do that, add "with Mac Parallels" (or something like that) to the thread title to attract the Mac folks to help you out here.

They should be able to answer your questions.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:54 AM

I've seen this happen using remote desktop connection to a physical windows box too.

Most website hosts provide software to backup your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.
Blog: How to backup wordpress site

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 4:51 PM

SOLVED!!! In parallels, I clicked on Virtual Machine ---> configure; then I disabled 3d acceleration.

It is working great now.  Thanks to all those who responded.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS