My Topic Guide Definition: Making a Collection Come Up Automatically

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:42 PM

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. I just got L5 today. I made my own Topic Guide. I have a collection for all my dictionaries that I want to come up in the definition when I click on settings. But that doesn't get saved once I open and close my topic guide. How do I make sure the settings get saved?

Posts 26803
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:49 PM

Did you make your own guide  from "Make a new guide template" in the Guides menu and name it appropriately e.g. My Topic Guide ? Because the template allows you to specify the collection name. You can always Edit the template by clicking on the menu of your Topic Guide.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:55 PM

From what I can see in the template, you can't edit the settings for "definition" ahead of time. Am I wrong?

Posts 26803
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:02 PM

You can:-

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:11 PM

I don't seem to have the collection option under definition.

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:29 PM

Jeremy:

I don't seem to have the collection option under definition.

I was going to say "Could that be a parity issue in the Mac version?" but I don't have that option either. I'm running 5.1 RC-3 on Windows.

Dave, are you using the beta (RC) or a previous stable version? Could it be a regression?

Posts 26803
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:52 PM

Both of you must be running v5.1.

The Guide was tinkered with to the extent, I thought, that Concordances were excluded from the Definition section as they did not provide a "good enough" definition. Now there is no choice of a collection so you should ensure (as usual) that your dictionaries** are Prioritized to your liking. You can specify a collection in the Collections section, though it has a different way of evaluating the same resources for the topic. You might catch up with the discussion in the Beta forum to understand the technical differences between what you see in Definition vs. Collections.

** in Library they are mainly type:encyclopedia

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:58 PM

Or Logos could just put settings: collections back into the topic guide template Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:45 AM

I am able to reproduce this issue on Windows in 5.1 RC3 and on Mac in both 5.0b SR-4 and 5.1 RC3.  I will report the issue to Development.

Posts 9134
LogosEmployee

This change is by design.

A Collections section can be added to search for definitions in a specific collection.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS