How do I check if indexing is correct

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
J. T. Shortt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:20 PM

First I am here because of Jayson’s post on the blog. Your post was fruitful.

I just upgraded from Logos 3 Gold to Logos 4 Platinum via a download. Everything went well, at least as far as I can tell. After the download which went smoothly I saw my system start to index. I am running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, Intel Core 2 T7200 @ 2GHz, and 2GB of memory.

The tray icon only said like 2 hours or so, and when I came back from the evening service everything was done.

How can I tell if everything is done correctly and if I have all the resources I should loaded and indexed?

Thanks.

J.T.

Posts 27922
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:28 PM

If there is no blue icon in the system tray (or notification area) you can start to be confident.

Start L4 and attempt to run a Search. If you see no warning message then you are good to go!

Open Library and you should see the number of resources as faint text at the end of the input box. The only worry here is that the number might not match your L3 number, but remember L4 does not include PBB resources and L3 Help files.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 25
J. T. Shortt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:37 PM

Thanks Dave, I show 1270 resoursces in the Library so I think I'm good.

Look here Jayson I just doubled my post count.

Stay Strong

J.T.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:04 PM

Basically you only have to worry about having a bad index is if you've recently merged, and then only if you are running the Beta (there was/is a bug). Just run some searches and if they give you accurate results (actually finds and highlights the results) you're golden.

Welcome to the forum!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS