Logos 5 Slow Startup and Layout Question

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:01 AM

Hey friends,

Logos 5 seems to be slowing down on me with the startup. It's seems to be taking 1 1/2 minutes to load up and  2 1/2 at times for the home to load up. This seems a little longer than usually. I tried a registry clean and it helped a bit but it still isn't that fast. I also tried the blank layout loadup and this was much quicker, but I'd prefer the normal homepage. I'm not a techie but it someone could look at my logs and assist me that would be wonderful.

I have a intel-core i5-480M; 4 GB DDR3; Windows 7; PC; 750 GB HDD; Intel HD Graphics; Microsoft Security Essentials.

Also a secondary question: When I try to save a layout or change to a preferred one-Logos says, "Not Responding" and then the Windows circle moves and then it eventually changes. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help

ChelseaFC

4617.Logos Log Files current.zip

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:16 AM

Hello Chelsea,

I don't see anything specifically "wrong" in your logs, but I do notice you have an extremely long list of hidden resources - possibly all of the Perseus collection? Logos is spending several second processing that list every time it opens. If you do not want these resources, it may be better to unhide them and have them re-locked instead.

Your internet connection may also be a factor, if you experience slowness in the home page. Much of that content is generated online, once a day. You might try customizing out some of the sections you use less to speed that up.

And in general, it looks like you're using an i5 Processor and Intel HD Graphics, which is essentially using the same processor - this will slow things down a little in general, especially when loading layouts, but this article may help you optimize performance for your machine: http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/optimize

I hope this helps.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:42 AM

Hey Mike,

Thanks for having a look and for your help. Yes you are right I have a majority of the Perseus files hidden. If I wanted the Perseus collection relocked would I need to call customer service?..Thanks for the other tips as well, it's good to know how home updating works..Thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
 ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS