Removing a single highlighting style without removing all

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:52 AM

How do I do this?

The wiki suggests 'remove annotations' but this removes all annotations, it no longer seems to 'undo' highlighting.

1. Add a highlight to a verse.
  2. Select a word within that paragraph and apply a second highlight style to that.
  3. Try to remove the second highlight without removing the first (broader) highlight

When it removes all the highlights, try to undo the 'remove annotations' action (cmd-z I presume) ... oops I have 'accidentally' removed my existing highlights whilst trying to remove the incorrectly applied style.

Is this a bug? Is it a mac thing? Is it a me thing?Embarrassed

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:04 AM

There are many ways to remove a highlight, and they work differently. In this case you need to go to the note file that includes the second highlight and delete it from there. If you had wanted to remove only the broader one, you could have done it with a right-click.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 25220
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:12 AM

Hi Martin

Martin Folley:
How do I do this?

Martin Folley:
Try to remove the second highlight without removing the first (broader) highlight

I am not aware of any way in which you can do what you are looking for from within the resource. 

You could open the notesfile which contains your highlights and delete that particular entry.

Martin Folley:
The wiki suggests 'remove annotations' but this removes all annotations, it no longer seems to 'undo' highlighting.

I forget what it used to do but the wiki article does state:

"There is no formal Undo of Highlighting"

Also:

"No worries, just right click on any word/character in the area incorrectly highlighted (as long as what you click on does not contain any highlighting that you want to retain)" - bold added for emphasis.

So I don't think the steps you outline will work - hence my suggestion about deleting the entry from the notesfile (which I appreciate is more work)

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS